Are you happy with Adidas?

• Yes

Votes: 339 91.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 8.9%

• Total voters

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
If the images they show on the announcement page on RamblinWreck.com are any indication, it looks like they got the shade of gold correct.

At the very least the gold they show looks good to me. I like it.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I preferred Adidas to Nike because I feel like overall with Nike we would've just fallen into another face in a crowded crowd. I think we have a better shot with Adidas to build our brand and get more consistent recognition. Just my 2 cents. Either was good with me to get away from frickin' Russell.

Not just a crowded field. But Nike already has the dwags. With Nike, GT would have been a 2nd fiddle, at best, in our own market. Hopefully, with Adidas, we'll get a little bit of a local marketing duel between Adidas/GT and Nike/UGA. Be good for exposure.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
As has been chronicled in the bball uni thread, I preferred Nike but have come around to adidas as of late. Originally I wanted UA but the past year or so has scared me off them.

To me, they appear to be heading in the wrong direction financially and just in the general direction they're taking their brand/company.

On the other hand, as many have stated, adidas has re-emerged after some bleak years including a long time where their team apparel was pretty bad. Fast forward to now and they, not UA, appear to be the hungrier more innovative brand.

I think this partnership will benefit us, even more so than Nike would've. For them, we're just another notch on their belt. For adidas, it's likely that we'd get a bit of a VIP treatment. Oh, and don't look for us to have some weird outlandish unis.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Ignore the top contract on the list, they meant to put Under Armour for UCLA. In the top 65 contracts (as of 2016), Adidas has 9, Under Armour has 10, Nike has 45, and we were ranked at #47 with Russell ($2.3 mil per year). However, 6 of the 9 Adidas contracts are in the top 15. If we get the average contract (and they're all 5-10 years in length), we should be making about $5.7 mil a year. That's $3.4 mil more than what we are making now. If we make the median, it's $4.4 mil more. We're in a much larger market than Raleigh (NC State), so I could see us pulling a slightly better contract to NC State at around $6.5 mil.

Considering the fact that Nike has so many contracts out there and UA may have committed a bit too much to UCLA/Wisconsin/Notre Dame, I think Adidas was probably our best overall contract. Probably gets us the most effort to work on branding as well. Though of course they'll release the contract specifics as I type this and it will be around $3.0 mil per year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"Happy" is a state of mind. Whether or not you/we like it or not, we'd all be better off CHOOSING to be happy about it.
Why, because we will be seeing the new uni's starting next year. Long contract means GT and adidas won't be bailing out anytime soon.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I personally prefer Nike, but I have 3 teenage kids who can't get enough of Adidas. I think GT made the right decision going with Adidas.