1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Alcohol Sales

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by TooTall, May 31, 2019.

1. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

Sat in the upper deck at Syracuse throughout my upbringing, at a stadium where beer was served. I see more blacked out or outright drunk folks in one game at BDS than I did in a season at Syracuse. And before the attendance jokes, this was when they sold out 50k. To me, "get hammered before entering the stadium because we can't get alcohol" and sneaking in liquor leads to more issues.

I've seen articles previously that speak to beer sales actually helping to curb police-reported incidents. West Virginia was one example when they started selling this decade. Here's the first article that popped up on a quick search:
    Athletic Management: Does selling alcohol at games reduce student binge drinking?
    Now, what I've seen everywhere suggests you need to introduce beer thoughtfully (duh):

2. Bogey404

Bogey404 Helluva Engineer

You are talking a major rebuild regarding family oriented attractions. Any alcohol sales must be tightly regulated and obnoxious behaviour should not be tolerated.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

3. Buzztheirazz

Buzztheirazz Helluva Engineer

You could punch a persons ticket each time they have a beer. Once all 4 corners are punched. You’re done.

But if the law stays on the books then maybe you pay entry into the SW section and then get 4 “free” beers.

4. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

I must have read it on the internet..... everything on the internet is true. o_O

slugboy likes this.
  5. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

It's possible for you to both be right.

I recall watching a documentary on prohibition that said something similar about the need to cut the alcohol.

But false memory can also play a part in these conversations. :confused:

6. BuckeyeJacket

BuckeyeJacket Helluva Engineer

Someone could just use their kid's ticket :whistle::beercheers:

coldbeer likes this.
  7. presjacket

presjacket Helluva Engineer

Maybe it is more a function of where you sit. I'm in the upper North and don't see many drunks around me. Or many people at all for that matter. haha. anyway, I see your point.

majorQ9 and CuseJacket like this.
  8. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

I sit in the upper east, and the only drunks I ever see up there are fans of the opposing teams, especially mutt fans every other year. In 2017, one totally passed out and had to be carried out.

9. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

Get your binoculars and look over behind the defensive huddle- to our right is a very nice guy who is Whisky and only some coke in second half. Behind us is a not so nice drinker who curses at the visiting band - get out of her gou Clemson farmers! Go drive your tractors home!

coyote329 likes this.
  10. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

Yes that was why I responded to the post that intimated that ugag could sell alcohol and we couldn't.

11. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

Anyone that get hammered pre game can't make it up there. :p

12. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Hell, it's hard enough for me to make it up there. LOL That's why I have moved down 10 rows this year though. That is one helluva climb up to the top.

Animal02 likes this.
  13. boger2337

boger2337 Helluva Engineer

Love reformation! Would love to see a reformation take over at Bobby dodd

jpilgrim6 likes this.
  14. coldbeer

coldbeer Helluva Engineer

An extra $10 or $15 tix isnt going to stop over consumption. The positives still out weigh the negatives, IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

15. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

ugag decided no? Anyone hear that, or were they told no?

16. Supersizethatorder-mutt

I saw yesterday that the powers in the cesspool have said that they will NOT sell alcohol in the stadium there, other than in the "club sections".

majorQ9 likes this.
  17. majorQ9

majorQ9 Ramblin' Wreck

Texas A&M is the first SEC school to announce beer sales for the entire stadium

18. AUFC

AUFC Helluva Engineer

19. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

boger2337 and AUFC like this.
  20. AUFC

AUFC Helluva Engineer

I go to upwards of 15 Tech basketball games per year and would probably buy a beer or 2 per game.

My concession spend over ~15 games last season?

$0.