Alcohol Sales

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
$EC just passed rule allowing alcohol sales for each sporting event at member schools. What is the policy for ACC schools and will this change?

Just another revenue stream that separates them from us.:banghead:
It's time to allow alcohol sales in all ACC schools:cigar: :beer:Imagine the money that the ACC schools will make from alcohol sales:beercheers:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
$EC just passed rule allowing alcohol sales for each sporting event at member schools. What is the policy for ACC schools and will this change?

Just another revenue stream that separates them from us.:banghead:
I may be wrong but I thought it was up to the school . I think Louisville does but it could be because they are not on campus.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I love a few beers and big bag peanuts at baseball because its so boring.

With the bend but dont break gone, i would enjoy 4 beers and no peanuts. Thats probably 20$ to bottom line.
Looking at the $ like yellowjacketfan2018 suggests.

i am likely double the average( 10$ ) & if 20,000 enjoyed a couple of cool ones, that's 200K per games or about 1.2kk$ per year.
Thats not chump change.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Don't states also have bans? I feel like I remember reading that the State of GA has a ban on it... maybe I'm making that up haha

No, Georgia State sells beer at its games, and UGA will start selling beer and wine at Sanford to $25K donors in the club level this year.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I love traditions...and sneaking a flask of Ancient Age or Evan Williams or the like into BDS is one that I have abided by for over 4 decades. I'm not wanting to give up that tradition. It's not that I am old fashioned...it's just that I don't like the way others make my drinks. If it don't burn going down or bring tears to your eyes when you are sippin' it then it wasn't mixed correctly imo.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I don't even drink, 6 years sober July 5th, but we need to SELL it to the masses.

You want sidewalk fans, this will help. Case in point, at my wedding, we weren't going to have a bar, even a cash bar. Very few of my college buddies were going to come to the wedding. Decision was made 2 days before the wedding to have a bar. As word spread, more and more decided to all of a sudden come to the wedding.

Now if we can add a cigar porch in BDS as well......

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I don't even drink, 6 years sober July 5th, but we need to SELL it to the masses.

You want sidewalk fans, this will help. Case in point, at my wedding, we weren't going to have a bar, even a cash bar. Very few of my college buddies were going to come to the wedding. Decision was made 2 days before the wedding to have a bar. As word spread, more and more decided to all of a sudden come to the wedding.

Now if we can add a cigar porch in BDS as well......
Your friends aren't very good friends if they wouldn't go to your wedding unless there was a bar:rolleyes::wideyed:

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I love traditions...and sneaking a flask of Ancient Age or Evan Williams or the like into BDS is one that I have abided by for over 4 decades. I'm not wanting to give up that tradition. It's not that I am old fashioned...it's just that I don't like the way others make my drinks. If it don't burn going down or bring tears to your eyes when you are sippin' it then it wasn't mixed correctly imo.

You can still sneak even if they sell.