Alcohol Sales

Animal02

Banned
There doesn't appear to be any policy that forbids it. Hope the new GT pres. will be a forward thinker.
State law does

(A) Any distilled spirits in or within 100 yards of any church building or within 200 yards of any school building, educational building, school grounds, or college campus;

(B) Any wine or malt beverages within 100 yards of any school building, school grounds, or college campus. This subparagraph shall not apply at any location for which a license has been issued prior to July 1, 1981, nor to the renewal of such license. Nor shall this subparagraph apply at any location for which a new license is applied for if the sale of wine and beer was lawful at such location at any time during the 12 months immediately preceding such application;

State law does

(A) Any distilled spirits in or within 100 yards of any church building or within 200 yards of any school building, educational building, school grounds, or college campus;

(B) Any wine or malt beverages within 100 yards of any school building, school grounds, or college campus. This subparagraph shall not apply at any location for which a license has been issued prior to July 1, 1981, nor to the renewal of such license. Nor shall this subparagraph apply at any location for which a new license is applied for if the sale of wine and beer was lawful at such location at any time during the 12 months immediately preceding such application;
So how are they going to get away with it at the cesspool? I haven't been there since 2001, so I don't remember if all the school buildings are far enough away from the stadium so as not to be limited by what you posted. Does anybody know?

Animal02

Banned
So how are they going to get away with it at the cesspool? I haven't been there since 2001, so I don't remember if all the school buildings are far enough away from the stadium so as not to be limited by what you posted. Does anybody know?
I was thinking the same thing. GSU likely gets a pass because of the last clause regarding being legal in the last 12 months

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
You must be a yute not have heard of a blind pig. On the other hand @Supersizethatorder-mutt was around when the term was coined. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, I'm well past my yuteness and on my way toward geezerhood (Supersize is already there).
There's a Blind Pig Tavern here in town, and now I know where it gets its name. Having a couple of stiff drinks must have been extra fun during Prohibition.

Animal02

Banned
Oh, I'm well past my yuteness and on my way toward geezerhood (Supersize is already there).
There's a Blind Pig Tavern here in town, and now I know where it gets its name. Having a couple of stiff drinks must have been extra fun during Prohibition.
From what I have read, a lot of alcohol produce during prohibition was pretty bad....which is what started the trend of mixing it with fruit juices etc.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Guessing - have to be a member of a certain club, group, restricted seating section (such as our club on the East side with Gold seats)?

But I have no idea.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I have done a good bit of digging this evening, and can't find any GA law that addresses this. I really believe this is, 100 percent, a school policy.

Interestingly, the SEC was the last power 5 conference to lift its ban.
I was told that Peterson was against any alcohol on campus and beer sales would not happen this year, but was being considered for 2020 when he is long gone.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

slugboy

Staff member
From what I have read, a lot of alcohol produce during prohibition was pretty bad....which is what started the trend of mixing it with fruit juices etc.

Cocktails with fruit and fruit juices happened long before prohibition. The Old Fashioned dates back at least to 1881.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I would support alcohol sales, especially as a revenue generator, BUT I would also like to see the creation of "family" sections where no alcohol is allowed and parents can bring their young children to watch the game without having to worry about being seated next to an obnoxious drunk like some of you*. That being said and just thinking out loud, a family section could also have some other amenities near by like they have at Suntrust to actively involve kids who might not be as entertained by the game itself in order to build the Georgia Tech brand with the next generation of fans.

*No, not you. The other guy.