Alcohol Sales

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Everyone remembers their first beer. (Ae87)

Not being an amateur beer drinker I would like to remember my first 4 beers at bds. Ah the sounds of football and the salesman calling out " cold beer"
Its going to be great

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Time AD Todd to get on board

This is total speculation/guess on my part, but TStan is always looking for ways to boost revenue and didn't he have a beer garden built at Oregon St or UCF? I bet this is part of his long range thinking, but he may want to develop a good relationship with the new President and others before he pushes it.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'll be in the minority on this one, but I always thought this was a bad idea for College Football, too much pre-game tailgating and passion in the stands.
I watched a video yesterday on the Anniversary of the biggest baseball brawl in MLB history at Fulton County Stadium in the mid-80's vs. the Padres.
This was the Pascual Perez beanball game and it got crazy, fans throwing beer at the players and jumping onto the field to get in the melee ... can you imagine alcohol sales during the OT game when we beat UGAG 51-48 ??
Call out the riot squad because that probably would have been a 55,000 people brawl ...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be in the minority on this one, but I always thought this was a bad idea for College Football, too much pre-game tailgating and passion in the stands.
I watched a video yesterday on the Anniversary of the biggest baseball brawl in MLB history at Fulton County Stadium in the mid-80's vs. the Padres.
This was the Pascual Perez beanball game and it got crazy, fans throwing beer at the players and jumping onto the field to get in the melee ... can you imagine alcohol sales during the OT game when we beat UGAG 51-48 ??
Call out the riot squad because that probably would have been a 55,000 people brawl ...
Many schools who also have rivals have been selling beer for dozens of years. I think we'll be ok. To me, the binge drinking before entry because you don't have a legal way to drink inside the stadium lends itself to more issues. Then you have people flasking it inside because there's no other alternative. Despite that, I don't think we've had many material mishaps or issues. Beer will be more of the same behavior i.e., no big deal.

Also, the benefits of revenue aside, maybe beer sales will get people to close up their tailgates and get into the stadium sooner.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

But see.... I want this lol I love that passion. That's what we need. If you're not willing to deck a uga fan for existing then idk... hahaha

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
LMAO

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
So you seriously don’t think a sizable number in the stands aren’t drinking as is? Besides what i’ve seen is you stop selling beer in the 4th quarter to time things down a bit.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
So you seriously don’t think a sizable number in the stands aren’t drinking as is? Besides what i’ve seen is you stop selling beer in the 4th quarter to time things down a bit.

Yes I'm fully aware of that ... the last time I was in Athens I took my youngest daughter to the game (foolish) and we got tickets from my uncle and didn't sit in the GT section (also foolish).
Anyway there were some "young gentlemen" sitting behind us drinking Jack straight out of the pint bottle.
I eventually left before halftime because nothing good was going to happen between me and these "young gentlemen" ... soooo, let's just make it a little bit easier.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I mean....why would we want more revenue? The amount that UGA will bring in with booze sales will be redic. 50k with 3-4 drinks per person on average. Probably $750k to 1 mil per game
TStan and President Cabrera/Peterson aren't really interested in more revenue apparently. Guess they see beer sales as just a liability.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if there are some legal problems with the fact that the Club seats offer alcohol already, and whether suppliers there were promised exclusivity? Just spitballin' here....