Alcohol Sales

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
It may have been approximately 1968-69 and I was selling Cokes at the GT/Auburn game. Was working the South stands, the old horseshoe, and some Auburn student bought my whole tray. Someone knocked off the tops of each cup, intentionally sloshed about half of each cup out onto the ground, and pulled out a fifth of booze and filled each the half-empty cups with the booze. Good times...seems like yesterday.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It may have been approximately 1968-69 and I was selling Cokes at the GT/Auburn game. Was working the South stands, the old horseshoe, and some Auburn student bought my whole tray. Someone knocked off the tops of each cup, intentionally sloshed about half of each cup out onto the ground, and pulled out a fifth of booze and filled each the half-empty cups with the booze. Good times...seems like yesterday.
Did you holler “mixers” when you were making the rounds? To coke vendors did that when I was a student.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
722ea792490850953ff75ea2f81e5d69--yellow-jackets-beer-cans.jpg
I have one of those too. I can’t remember where I got it. Do you know what the story is behind this?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
There doesn't appear to be any policy that forbids it. Hope the new GT pres. will be a forward thinker.

“Doesn’t appear” - so we need , definitively, for someone to find out if it is / is not against BoR policy or state law.

Don’t give a crap what the abortion that is ga. state does.

Animal02

Banned
Shoot I don't think I was but 13-14 years old. I wouldn't have known the word. There was never any booze in our house growing up and someone had to explain to me what the guys were pouring in the cups.
Just a side story your comment made me recall.....my dad delivered newspapers as a kid during the prohibition era.....he went to collect money at one house.....they opened the door a crack to pay and he was trying to look around inside. They asked him what he was looking for.....he told them he heard they kept a blind pig and he had never seen one before. :D.

I remember the vendors selling "mixers" in the stands as well.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
“Doesn’t appear” - so we need , definitively, for someone to find out if it is / is not against BoR policy or state law.

Don’t give a crap what the abortion that is ga. state does.

Can we put this to bed? Georgia State sells it and their stadium is part of their campus. Therefore, by logical extension, the sale of beer in Bobby Dodd stadium is neither a violation of state law nor a violation of BOR policy.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Just a side story your comment made me recall.....my dad delivered newspapers as a kid during the prohibition era.....he went to collect money at one house.....they opened the door a crack to pay and he was trying to look around inside. They asked him what he was looking for.....he told them he heard they kept a blind pig and he had never seen one before. :D.

I remember the vendors selling "mixers" in the stands as well.
Ahhh...the innocence of yutes.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd say at least go with local beer made by GT grads! I'm biased, of course, but why not have Monday Night and Reformation? There may be more, but those two I know for sure are largely owned by GT fans/alums. :)

#SETBEERFREE

Second Self

Second Self is owned by two GT grads. They've even hosted events with Todd Stansbury.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Louisville sells beer at their football, baseball and Basketball games. I've partaken at all three venues when the Jackets ramble into the 'Ville. And they're cheap. Like 5 bucks for a Miller Lkte. GT needs to get on board
It was really nice to be able to have some suds at the Louisville game last year. Seems I remember they had an import, too, like Amstel or something. And not ridiculously priced, like it is at Sun Trust Park.
Another reason to make the trek to Syracuse next year. Carrier Dome (on campus) has sold beer since the 80s, if not further back.