Alcohol Sales

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
I may be wrong but I thought it was up to the school . I think Louisville does but it could be because they are not on campus.

I drank at the Louisville football game last fall, and their football stadium is on campus.

To me, this is a safety issue. Because people know they can’t drink during the game, they get extremely drunk before the game with the hope that they will stay buzzed through the entire game. If they knew they could buy beer in the stadium, they would drink to a lower level of intoxication before the game and re-up their BAC during the game.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I drank at the Louisville football game last fall, and their football stadium is on campus.

To me, this is a safety issue. Because people know they can’t drink during the game, they get extremely drunk before the game with the hope that they will stay buzzed through the entire game. If they knew they could buy beer in the stadium, they would drink to a lower level of intoxication before the game and re-up their BAC during the game.
Some fans at some schools will handle the alcohol being sold better than other fans at other schools

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I wonder which beer would be the Official Beer of Georgia Tech Athletics?:beercheers:
722ea792490850953ff75ea2f81e5d69--yellow-jackets-beer-cans.jpg

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I currently spend $0/season on concessions at both Bobby Dodd and McCamish. If both added beer, you would have to add a digit before and after that value.

The worst thing ever is tailgating and then having the alcohol wear off and you fade into sleepiness by the second quarter.

LibertyTurns

Banned

Maybe you’re a youngster. There’s nothing that’s been stopping anyone from drinking during the games. If all you like is beer I can see how that would be a problem, but if you like your whiskey they’ve been selling mixers my full tenure as a GT fan. I doubt that will ever change.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe you’re a youngster. There’s nothing that’s been stopping anyone from drinking during the games. If all you like is beer I can see how that would be a problem, but if you like your whiskey they’ve been selling mixers my full tenure as a GT fan. I doubt that will ever change.

I've snuck many a whiskey into the stadium. I was also a faculty advisor for a fraternity and missed the first half of most home games those seasons because someone would get sent to the hospital with alcohol poisoning and I'd have to call his parents.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I've snuck many a whiskey into the stadium. I was also a faculty advisor for a fraternity and missed the first half of most home games those seasons because someone would get sent to the hospital with alcohol poisoning and I'd have to call his parents.
I could see this happening once when the more experienced guys weren’t watching a youngster closely enough but if you had to do it more than once those are some ignorant dudes that have no business drinking. GT men are supposed to be smart enough to understand trends, cause & effect, etc and not do stuff like repetitively walking in front of moving buses to see if they get flattened like the last guy did.

GT_EE78

Banned
I bought alcohl at GT @ So Cal bb about a decade ago but ya couldn't take it back into arena . halftime routine was buy the two beer limit and go to the back of line.chug if needed at refill time. discovered a cali GT players dad doing the same thing. Fun chat. Tulane games had alchohol back in the seventies(superdome). Either i was too young or prices too steep so i jus bought my mixer there. With only one pint it was kind of a break between hanging out on bourbon street.don't remember it that well anyways.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
It was really nice to be able to have some suds at the Louisville game last year. Seems I remember they had an import, too, like Amstel or something. And not ridiculously priced, like it is at Sun Trust Park.

I've started spending most of the Braves games on top of the chophouse and will forgo their prices and lines by scanning my ticket back into the lower Terrapin entrance, then re enter the game with two beers which cost the same as one inside. Faster than waiting in line too.