ACC vs SEC scorecard

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought this was interesting ...

Last year, the SEC lead the country in attendance, with 7.5 million, or 77k per game. The ACC was 4.5 million, or 45k per game.
This is the driving factor. I really don't think the quality of SEC FB is any better than the other P5 leagues, but they are way better at putting butts in the seats. This is beyond argument when compared to the ACC.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Perfect article and so true.

Don't worry, they'll get back to their regularly scheduled program of fellating the SEC soon enough, explaining away the "circle of suck" as just them having too many good teams. Then any out of conference losses are either them overlooking the opponent because of upcoming SEC games or being too beat up from previous SEC games (depending on whether it's early or late in the season). World keeps on spinning

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'll admit the SEC has some great defense in both divisions, but it has become a pit of despair for head coaches not named Saban....offensively it is just brutal, both in QB play and good offensive coaching/play calling imo. I hate watching sec teams play each other, so boring.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Six SEC teams in the top 25?? Really?? LSU in particular taking someone else's rightful spot is inexcusable. They've beaten Chattanooga and BYU who are 1-6 combined(!) and just got destroyed by Miss State. And Auburn, sure they weren't blown out by Clemson but does anybody really see them as the #15 team in the nation after they struggled to overcome Mercer?
Plenty of teams looking better so far than those chumps, like undefeated Duke with two P5 wins or heck even Wake Forest

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Six SEC teams in the top 25?? Really?? LSU in particular taking someone else's rightful spot is inexcusable. They've beaten Chattanooga and BYU who are 1-6 combined(!) and just got destroyed by Miss State. And Auburn, sure they weren't blown out by Clemson but does anybody really see them as the #15 team in the nation after they struggled to overcome Mercer?
Plenty of teams looking better so far than those chumps, like undefeated Duke with two P5 wins or heck even Wake Forest
At this point I still see Auburn going 10-2 and playing in the Citrus Bowl.