ACC vs SEC scorecard

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
If all ACC teams win all their nonconference games, then everybody has a better record top to bottom which puts more teams in the top 25 which means a better bowl in the end for Georgia Tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the sentiments and thinking but that would require me to root for FSU and Miami. Nope, can't do it even if their success would ultimately benefit Tech and I would be hesitant about UNC and Virginia Tech as well. Just too much visceral hate involved. Must be a personality disorder that I have come down with lately.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
VT has had issues up the middle and against the long ball. Seems like the WR always had two steps on the DB. Their QB seems to be getting better as the game goes on.

Also since they seem to be enforcing unsportsmanlike conduct more this year I wonder who will be the first ACC coach nailed with the penalty.

Unsportsmanlike conduct enforcement is long overdue in my opinion. These men are college students but they need to tone down the taunting and carrying on after they make routine plays. They know better and should be better than what has been going on for the past few years. This is not to say celebrations after a score are necessarily bad but the mouthing and pointing that takes place after a play are not what college football should be about.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
Sucks that Syracuse is playing lsu.

Acc teams outside of Florida, George and SC should not be allowed to schedule sec teams since they ALWAYS lose (especially unc) and they don't have to live in an sec state and hear about it year round.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Sucks that Syracuse is playing lsu.

Acc teams outside of Florida, George and SC should not be allowed to schedule sec teams since they ALWAYS lose (especially unc) and they don't have to live in an sec state and hear about it year round.
What about Louisville? they share with Kentucky but dropped the ball last year

Jmonty71

Banned
Six SEC teams in the top 25?? Really?? LSU in particular taking someone else's rightful spot is inexcusable. They've beaten Chattanooga and BYU who are 1-6 combined(!) and just got destroyed by Miss State. And Auburn, sure they weren't blown out by Clemson but does anybody really see them as the #15 team in the nation after they struggled to overcome Mercer?
Plenty of teams looking better so far than those chumps, like undefeated Duke with two P5 wins or heck even Wake Forest
Welcome to SEC privilege. ESPN and the media have a strong force with being able to dictate who is in the to 25, in the start of the season. Until the teams start shaking out wins and loses, the polls won't change.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone catch Danny Sheridan's comments on this yesterday? He said "hands down" the SEC is the best football conference in the country. Not even close. Why? He said if you look at the worst performing teams in the SEC, they can still beat the snot out of a lot of teams. He was asked about the ACC and chuckled and said yes, Clemson is dynamite - the down conference teams couldn't beat quality opponents and probably couldn't even beat a good high school team. (pun intended). He also opined that 4 SEC coaches are probably going to get fired this year for having great talent, getting a big paycheck, and basically coming up short. (Auburn is an example, which he predicted would lost 4 games.)

Milwaukee

Banned
Russillo yesterday on the Auburn fans in an uproar:

"In the past decade you've won a National Championship, had a Heisman, and played in another National Championship...and you're still miserable. Most fanbases in the country would kill for that."

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

"In the past decade you've won a National Championship, had a Heisman, and played in another National Championship...and you're still miserable. Most fanbases in the country would kill for that."

Not in Alabama.

This year's Auburn team is supposed to be one of the best Auburn teams ever. But the current scuttlebutt is that they will likely lose 4 games this year. Alabama is sucking all of the oxygen out of the state.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
So ugag has a really crappy passing attack this year? yeah that will play great in the sec vs. a really good def, stop chubbs and co. and you stop the dwags.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Sure if you were a former bottom feeder like Iowa State, Oregon State, Tulane etc. But at a place like Florida such behavior would be the norm. It is said that the perfect season for Gator fans is to win the SEC East, beat Alabama for the SEC Championship and then beat Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl for the national championship and fire the coach under the goal post after the game. The only time the Gator fans looked even reasonably happy was when the sainted Steve "Superior" was roaming the sidelines during the days of "Fun and Gun" otherwise getting rid of coaches in the Sunshine State is looked upon as a sworn duty.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
they lost their biggest offensive playmaker last week, Deebo Samuel. Their kicker is also reallllllllly bad. I think he's missed 5 FGs in a row now. He was 0/3 with a missed PAT against Kentucky and they lost by 10. 0/2 for field goals today.