ACC vs SEC scorecard

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
There was a very easy call of targeting from Alabama to Francois that they threw a flag for out of bounds hit and picked up and did not call targeting. I saw a lot of PI inconsistencies.
The no PI call against Bammer last play of first half was a big one. I agree inconsistent in how it is called from game to game. Just like holding.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
I should've posted this before the weekend, but it sure seemed like they were setting-up the ACC for a fall. The conference has one outstanding season and now all the pundits go out of their way to claim the ACC is the best in the nation, as if some permanent shift had occurred.
Yet with so many teams starting new qbs this year, more ACC losses are pretty likely this season, and frankly the SEC rebounding from their worst in recent memory seems pretty inevitable as well. So by parroting that ACC superiority line pre-season they can setup a juicy "The SEC is back" narrative over the course of the year. Looking for the "in your face" moments. Heck the first thing the announcers said after South Carolina clinched their win [emoji36]was something like "So you think the ACC is better than the SEC huh?"

And speaking of South Carolina, damned if they don't have a knack for spoiling things! UNC choked to a lousy Gamecocks team in their 2015 opener which ended-up as their only blemish going into the ACCCG with undefeated Clemson, and now a resurgent NC State blows it the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I should've posted this before the weekend, but it sure seemed like they were setting-up the ACC for a fall. The conference has one outstanding season and now all the pundits go out of their way to claim the ACC is the best in the nation, as if some permanent shift had occurred.
Yet with so many teams starting new qbs this year, more ACC losses are pretty likely this season, and frankly the SEC rebounding from their worst in recent memory seems pretty inevitable as well. So by parroting that ACC superiority line pre-season they can setup a juicy "The SEC is back" narrative over the course of the year. Looking for the "in your face" moment. Heck the first thing the announcers said after South Carolina clinched their win [emoji36]was something like "So you think the ACC is better than the SEC huh?"

And speaking of South Carolina, damned if they don't have a knack for spoiling things! UNC choked to a lousy Gamecocks team in their 2015 opener which ended-up as their only blemish going into the ACCCG with undefeated Clemson, and now a resurgent NC State blows it the same.

UNC's Bowl Game streak will end this season because I believe they will go 5-7. I believe South Carolina will go 5-7 while NCSU has another 7-5 season.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC's Bowl Game streak will end this season because I believe they will go 5-7. I believe South Carolina will go 5-7 while NCSU has another 7-5 season.

Remember NC State is one of the few teams with a good returning qb, so I still think they can reach 8-4. I'll agree with you on UNC. But again my point is every upset has been setup to look worse and every rebuilding year like UNC's will be held up as an "ACC sucks" example.

Betcha FSU falls out of the top ten now, whereas a Bama loss would've only dropped them to #5

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Remember NC State is one of the few teams with a good returning qb, so I still think they can reach 8-4. I'll agree with you on UNC. But again my point is every upset has been setup to look worse and every rebuilding year like UNC's will be held up as an "ACC sucks" example.

Betcha FSU falls out of the top ten now, whereas a Bama loss would've only dropped them to #5

I agree with you,Red,every season it seems like the MSM has an anti-ACC bias.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yet with so many teams starting new qbs this year, more ACC losses are pretty likely this season, and frankly the SEC rebounding from their worst in recent memory seems pretty inevitable as well. So by parroting that ACC superiority line pre-season they can setup a juicy "The SEC is back" narrative over the course of the year. Looking for the "in your face" moments. Heck the first thing the announcers said after South Carolina clinched their win [emoji36]was something like "So you think the ACC is better than the SEC huh?"

I think your Battle for Carolina point is on point. In both games the ACC team dominated in every way but the scoreboard, and the common response was as if SCar was just that much better. I wouldn't want our D to face NC State.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think your Battle for Carolina point is on point. In both games the ACC team dominated in every way but the scoreboard, and the common response was as if SCar was just that much better. I wouldn't want our D to face NC State.
I think South Carolina will have the same kind of record in 2017 that they did in 2016. I think NCSU was just flat.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
After watching Saturday, my initial thoughts, which teams can obviously get better as the season goes...but:

Depending on how we look against TN, I feel very good about our chances to win the coastal. Miami, UNC, and Pitt all look mediocre to me this year.

Jmonty71

Banned
After watching Saturday, my initial thoughts, which teams can obviously get better as the season goes...but:

Depending on how we look against TN, I feel very good about our chances to win the coastal. Miami, UNC, and Pitt all look mediocre to me this year.
Pretty much. Miami wasn't awful. Pitt had to go into OT to beat a FCS school. UNC still hasn't figured what the word "defense" is. But, I may be calling the kettle black. We'll see after tomorrow's game.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

A game I'm really interested in is the game against Wake Forest in BDS on October 21st. I think WF could be 4-2 going into that game and GT had better bring their A game.