ACC Tournament

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
We played two starting frosh, 2 sophs and one junior most of the game. Let them mature. Also, at least Wright has turned into the PF that CJP was hoping for.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
So why did you quote a portion of a sentence that was referring directly to the defensive end, cut out the portion that specifically refers to the statement being about the defensive end, and then decide to respond about the offense?

Because I don't think his defensive contributions are enough to outweigh his anemic offense, and sometimes he lets his offensive struggles effect his effort on the other end of the court. As the season has gone on I have come to think of his minutes almost the same way that I think of Alston's...

I hope he takes a step (or several) forward next year. Either that or I hope someone else (Sjolund or Cole) takes enough steps forward to move ahead of him.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure that you are surprised, but I just went heavy on the GT ML (+115).

Yes, I know that I sound deranged, but I think that our guys are going to play harder.

Go get this W Jackets!!
I like your style!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Biggest difference was Notre Dame losing Laszewski and only having 6 players in uniform. (one of them was a stiff who played in 9 games all year -- Doherty -- scored 6 points in ACC play). Lasewski had 14 & 4 before getting injured. He was killing us, both inside and out. In second half, they had to play 5 guys the full 20.

The Laszewski loss was definitely big, especially because he was replaced by Durham, a guy that has virtually zero perimeter presence. But I’d still argue Laszewski’s impact impact would have been diminished in the second half, even if he had been able to play, by our full time move to man and increased ball pressure. Most of his buckets came on corner threes, the 2nd most vulnerable spot in the zone behind the middle. I don’t think he’d still get those good looks the way we played in the 2nd half.

Deleted member 2897

We’ll have 4 top 125 guys on the team next year.

We get all but 4 of our points back from yesterday. In years past, it’s been the polar opposite - losing the high majority of our offense.

I was hoping/predicting 18-20 wins this year, before Okogie left.

I’m hoping/predicting 20 wins next year. 20-12 will be in the NCAAs and just barely inside the top half of the conference.

Josh Pastner has been ACC Coach of the Year a 3rd of the time. :D

I hope we’re beyond the flu and injuries. It feels like we just need one decent year and we can turn the corner on recruiting and performance. Every year we seem to have a stretch where we have no chance to win 4-5 games because of that stuff.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We’ll have 4 top 125 guys on the team next year.

We get all but 4 of our points back from yesterday. In years past, it’s been the polar opposite - losing the high majority of our offense.

I was hoping/predicting 18-20 wins this year, before Okogie left.

I’m hoping/predicting 20 wins next year. 20-12 will be in the NCAAs and just barely inside the top half of the conference.

Josh Pastner has been ACC Coach of the Year a 3rd of the time. :D

I hope we’re beyond the flu and injuries. It feels like we just need one decent year and we can turn the corner on recruiting and performance. Every year we seem to have a stretch where we have no chance to win 4-5 games because of that stuff.

As a comparison, NC State is 21-10 this year and is playing for their tournament life in about 2.5 Hours. Obviously their non-con plays a big part in that but the point is we have to be very careful with the talent we think we have and producing a schedule that puts us in a position to win 20 games while still putting a nice resume together. Our NCSOS was 230+ this year and we went 8-5.

I agree that we should have a bubble team next year. But that belief relies on heavily on potential attrition from this years squad, Devoes development and who the real Moses Wright is.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree that we should have a bubble team next year. But that belief relies on heavily on potential attrition from this years squad, Devoes development and who the real Moses Wright is.

I think the light bulb has gone off in Moses and we will see more consistent play from him next season. Having the starting lineup in yesterday's game play and develop additional chemistry during the offseason will result in a better team. Add Usher and the other players on the team gives us rotational pieces that we should be able to count on.

I see us turning the corner next season.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think the light bulb has gone off in Moses and we will see more consistent play from him next season. Having the starting lineup in yesterday's game play and develop additional chemistry during the offseason will result in a better team. Add Usher and the other players on the team gives us rotational pieces that we should be able to count on.

I see us turning the corner next season.

I think that first thing I mentioned is the most worrisome.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the game yesterday and just a few things I noticed:

-I had been saying all season that Wright needed more mins. He has to be our to go to guy if we want to win games next year
-Banks played solid all day yesterday, he kept a lot of possessions
-Our zone was exposed mostly because we played way too high leaving the corners exposed. Pastner was just flat out out coached in the 1st half. Laszewski getting injured helped make this loss a respectable one. That kid was ripping us a new one.
- Our guard play is the biggest question mark on this team. I just don't know what it is, maybe one of you guys can help me understand? Who is responsible for developing these guys?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
With Gonzaga getting knocked off by St Marys, the chances of 3 ACC teams on the 1 seed line just went up significantly

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I was certainly disappointed with this game, maybe the players figured out that you have to go all out for 40 minutes. It almost went without notice the foul Alston comitted on Lazewski. The undercut seemed deliberate, but he got away with it. Didn't like that at all from a Tech player, JMO.