ACC Tournament

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I’m aware that every school not in Atlanta named GT is garbage for one reason or another to GT people
Exactly. And I have a damn good thought why a lot of GT people think that way, but I'm not posting it because I am not masochistic and would not enjoy being hammered by them. [emoji3]

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Out of curiosity why does the ACC Tournament end on Saturday and not Sunday? Sunday feels like primetime to me but maybe I am wrong.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Swofford moved it up so we could have the semis and finals be on Friday/Saturday night. Makes sense from a TV perspective but makes it hard to travel to as a fan

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Out of curiosity why does the ACC Tournament end on Saturday and not Sunday? Sunday feels like primetime to me but maybe I am wrong.
I think Saturday is actually more primetime. That used to be the old Big East time, but that switched when the ACC added all the teams. I think one of the biggest reasons is tournament bracket conclusions. The committee has most of their work done before Sunday, from what I've read.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Saturday is actually more primetime. That used to be the old Big East time, but that switched when the ACC added all the teams. I think one of the biggest reasons is tournament bracket conclusions. The committee has most of their work done before Sunday, from what I've read.
Well there used to be two games on Saturday before. Hard for me to imagine there are more total eyeballs on the tournament now and not just because college basketball isn’t what it used to be. I guess the networks know what they are doing and I assume they have a heavy hand in it but it feels counterintuitive to me.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
it was primarily for NCAA seeding purposes.
By having the championship game on Saturday it makes it easier for the Committee to take in the results and seed the teams accordingly.
on Sunday it was not unusual for teams not to get any real benefit for winning.