ACC Tournament

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I definitely don't agree with that at all, it is sort of top heavy... but weak?!?! Idk about that.

3 possible/probable #1 seeds in the tourney is about as top heavy as it gets. Still getting 8 and maybe even 9 teams in. Not the best year ever but not sure it is "weak"

GT_EE78

Banned
3 possible/probable #1 seeds in the tourney is about as top heavy as it gets. Still getting 8 and maybe even 9 teams in. Not the best year ever but not sure it is "weak"
You're right, gotta divvy it up. Top 3 could be best ever if they all get 1 Seeds. next 6 could be average but i think its slightly better. the bottom 6 probably are weaker than usual. I don't think our team could get 10th in an average year (but kudos to them just cuz they got there) cjp could get his first acct win, beyond that is unlikely.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
ND opened a 2 point favorite. Currently it is 1.5.

I thought this would end up a pick 'em but I doubt there is enough action to move it that far.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
ND opened a 2 point favorite. Currently it is 1.5.

I thought this would end up a pick 'em but I doubt there is enough action to move it that far.

I'm sure that you are surprised, but I just went heavy on the GT ML (+115).

Yes, I know that I sound deranged, but I think that our guys are going to play harder.

Go get this W Jackets!!

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
GT is 14th in the country in opponent's effective FG%. ND is 326th in effective FG%.

If GT can rebound on the defensive end fairly well GT should win. It is a pretty big if with the zone.

I think what gets GT in trouble with defensive rebounding is when teams move the ball quickly around the perimeter and get the zone scrambling to cover the corners. I don't know if ND can do that. They don't shoot well so GT shouldn't have to scramble madly to cover 3s.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
GT is 14th in the country in opponent's effective FG%. ND is 326th in effective FG%.

If GT can rebound on the defensive end fairly well GT should win. It is a pretty big if with the zone.

I think what gets GT in trouble with defensive rebounding is when teams move the ball quickly around the perimeter and get the zone scrambling to cover the corners. I don't know if ND can do that. They don't shoot well so GT shouldn't have to scramble madly to cover 3s.

The one thing about Notre Dame that’s important is they don’t turn the ball over. We probably won’t see a ton of easy baskets in this game, but we typically don’t anyways.

This game comes down to Banks staying out of foul trouble IMO. Pretty cut and dry

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Saw where CJP said that two ACC wins would get us onto the NIT bubble with a high seed.

He felt three wins would make us a lock for the NIT.

I’m not sure that’s accurate. Loyola, Radford, Belmont, SD ST already secure in the NIT after winning their leagues in the regular season and losing in their tourneys. Belmont May be the only one to get an at large. The SoCon might get 3 in. NCST or Clemson will be ahead of us for the NIT. Possibly both. Most Likely Florida from the SEC and the loser of Indiana/Ohio State in the big 10. The. A bunch of Big East teams and a few Pac12s

Don’t you need a .500 record to qualify for the NIT?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’m not sure that’s accurate. Loyola, Radford, Belmont, SD ST already secure in the NIT. The SoCon might get 3 in.

Don’t you need a .500 record to qualify for the NIT?

They did away with the .500 requirement but have never taken a sub .500 team.
Pastner is smoking something if he thinks GT is getting an NIT bid.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
We should already be a lock for the NIT if we showed up at all in the non conference and for that 6 game stretch when Alvarado and Haywood couldn't hit a tractor tire hole with a basketball.

Edit to say: The SJ, GW, and 1 more ACC win would have us there, which seems reasonable.

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Notre Dame just lost to Pitt and only scored 53 points

We have won two in a row and looked...decent...doing so.

GT is favored
Notre Dane looks like they have given up

Obviously Notre Dame wins.

This is someone who has been following GT sports a long time and knows how they drive expectations crazy.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I miss having the tournament Fri-Sun. That was perfect.

These Tues afternoon games are crap.
they should get back to only taking top 8 seeds. i know there are logistical challenges that are probably insane but the tournament is a shell of itself and the current approach doesn't work.

The Friday of the tournament was like a state holiday in NC back in the day.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
ND has scored on 13 of their first 18 possessions. Our defense looks like it has taken the rest of the season off!