ACC Tournament

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Of Duke, UNC and UVA, I would rather play Duke. They can have an off night shooting and then are sort of maybe beatable by us. UVA and UNC I think are better right now.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
So the 10-12 seeds are set
GT 10th, BC 11th, Miami 12th.

BC owns the tiebreaker over Miami so what they do today against NCST will not affect their seeding.

While I do think if Josh was here this year that this team had a good chance to be an NCAA team, it was not close without him.

Clemson and NCST are very bubbly and we aren't even over .500.
According to our record, I agree we are not close to making it. I also agree with Okogie, we would have been close. On the other hand, if Banks hadn't been cleared to play, we may not have won any ACC games. We are living right on the edge of disaster, but somehow we still surviving, which is a credit to our staff and our players during this rebuild, in my book.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

LibertyTurns

Banned
15% says that we win 1 out of 7 games on a neutral court. You think we only win 1 out of a hundred or less?
Against this UNC team playing the way they are at this point in the season after we’ve played 2 games in 2 nights and they’ve rested for 5 days? Yes, one in a hundred or less.

We can hang with them 10 mins as we could nearly any team, maybe the whole half if we got hot & they got crazy stupid. Perhaps they come up dumb early in the 2nd half for 5-10 mins, but to get from there to UNC plays a whole game like a bunch of idiots, we mysteriously do not foul a lot as is our habit, we limit turnovers, have a massive 60% shooting night, don't get killed giving up offensive rebounds, make our FTs, and on top of all that can’t hit the broadside of a barn at any point in the game so we can eke out a win. Yes, 0.15%. I hope to get to see them try.

Against this UNC team playing the way they are at this point in the season after we’ve played 2 games in 2 nights and they’ve rested for 5 days? Yes, one in a hundred or less.

We can hang with them 10 mins as we could nearly any team, maybe the whole half if we got hot & they got crazy stupid. Perhaps they come up dumb early in the 2nd half for 5-10 mins, but to get from there to UNC plays a whole game like a bunch of idiots, we mysteriously do not foul a lot as is our habit, we limit turnovers, have a massive 60% shooting night, don't get killed giving up offensive rebounds, make our FTs, and on top of all that can’t hit the broadside of a barn at any point in the game so we can eke out a win. Yes, 0.15%. I hope to get to see them try.

But 1 in 100 times on a neutral court? Guess anything is possible, but that's just hard to believe there.

Now, if you said that we have about a 1% chance to win 3 games in the tournament, I could definitely see that. My percentages would give us about a 2.6% chance of winning 3 games.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I think we should be favored over Notre Dame. Call it 60% chance
Louisville has been fading down the stretch, but I think we’re a long shot to win. 20%
UNC playing on five days rest against us in third game in three days? And, FWIW, Charlotte is a home game for them. Nothing neutral about it. We have less than 0.01% shot

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It is so funny to me. We are such gullible fans (myself included). We argue and speculate about how deep we can go in the tournament, when judging by recent history, we will be lucky to win our opener. And have virtually NO chance of wining our first two.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else heading to CLT? I'm going up tomorrow AM and should have extras for the Tuesday games. Anyone looking for a ticket to the game, let me know and I should be able to get you a ticket to the game. (Will know how many I have for sure tonight)

Also have tickets for the rest of the tourney if anyone is looking.