ACC Football Thread

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
There's interesting argument to be made here.

If you go by the first 4 games of 2018, Lawrence is obviously the better QB for Clemson.

Of course, Bryant is 16-2 as the starter and took them to the playoffs last season.

Obviously, QBs don't live in a vacuum. There are other factors. Let's make this even MORE interesting:

Let's apply the same rules you just applied to Clemson to our own QBs. What would you say about TQM and Tobias so far strictly speaking in terms of their on the field performances?
I was actually going to put this in my original thread.....
If I was CPJ , I would start TQM , but play TO for the 2nd half and then judge if TO get's more playing time, or even starts the next game. I am betting , even if it's not close, TO will not see the field before the 4th quarter....

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Of course, I was at the game. If Bryant stays in, it is a much closer game. That said, a team player sucks it up and makes these announcements later in the year.
Whatever, life is short. Only a loser would stick around to ride the bench. I'm glad Kelly wants to play.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is smart by putting TL as the starter. It is very clear who is winning it all this year. Clemson stands a .05% chance of winning the natty. Might as well get your "franchise" guy some good playing time.

Jmonty71

Banned
I heard on the radio that Kelly Bryant, just quit the Clemson team. What are the odd and thoughts about Bryant coming over to GT? Possibility? Would it be a good fit?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Man I think this has the potential to blow up the entire Clemson program. Whether real or not there will be racial implications played into this due to one player being white and one player being black. It's just the way the media and a portion of modern day society plays these things. I'm sure a lot of the kids on the team will feel Bryant got mistreated here and could quite possibly protest that by giving less than there all. It would not surprise me to see a big division on the team as the year unfolds. This could also hurt their recruiting efforts going forward.

Go Jackets!

Jmonty71

Banned
Man I think this has the potential to blow up the entire Clemson program. Whether real or not there will be racial implications played into this due to one player being white and one player being black. It's just the way the media and a portion of modern day society plays these things. I'm sure a lot of the kids on the team will feel Bryant got mistreated here and could quite possibly protest that by giving less than there all. It would not surprise me to see a big division on the team as the year unfolds. This could also hurt their recruiting efforts going forward.

Go Jackets!
I don't think so. I think it was a matter of having a better QB. Bryant, more than likely, had some talent scout / talent, chirping in his ear. He left, to find another starting QB position. My guess, to increase his chances for the NFL. Regardless of race or anything, talent is talent. Now if the Clemson's Freshman QB were to go down, the season would go down, just as much. Dabo is putting all his eggs into one basket. And people want to know why CPJ sticks with TM?? There is the answer.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Go Jackets!

I’m not buying. Maybe, maybe... this would play out like you think if Clemson was racking up losses. Ain’t gonna happen so long as they are winning.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I don't think so. I think it was a matter of having a better QB. Bryant, more than likely, had some talent scout / talent, chirping in his ear. He left, to find another starting QB position. My guess, to increase his chances for the NFL. Regardless of race or anything, talent is talent. Now if the Clemson's Freshman QB were to go down, the season would go down, just as much. Dabo is putting all his eggs into one basket. And people want to know why CPJ sticks with TM?? There is the answer.
I have a feeling Trevor Lawrence might be Clemson's version of Peyton Manning;)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
For those who think Tech has a lot of departures for whatever reason, Clemson has had its share but topped off yesterday when former QB starter Kelly Bryant, demoted to No. 2 after the day Trevor Lawrence had against us, announced he is leaving the school and will play somewhere else next season. He has one year of eligibility left due to the new and to me mysterious play rules this season. (Had he played even one down against Syracuse Saturday he would have lost it.)

Now what that means in addition to turning this football engine over to a freshman QB, is that Bryant becomes the third QB to transfer out since Lawrence signed and started school in January. Two of those were 4-star guys. It leaves Swinney with a Lawrence, a fellow named Brice from Grayson who reported was a top recruit last year, and a former walkon who now has a broken finger. The ACC may have become more competitive, depending on how the team reacts and how healthy Lawrence stays. Some of you out there might know Brice. Any views?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
If you want to play, win your job back. But whatever. The football world has changed. It's not like he is likely to have an NFL future.

He left because he feels that he is a nfl quality QB and wants to showcase that, unfortunately there really no-way any qb with those aspirations would come to GT to play in our offense.