ACC Football Thread

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
After this weekend's games, here are some observations. Add yours.

FSU- If Willie Taggart is not feeling a bit of heat in his desk chair I would be surprised. Several very strange decisions last night. The Noles never seemed to do anything to adjust.

BC- I know it was UMass, but I did not expect 300 yards passing from BC. Their OL is a force.

UNC- Fedora's seat looks like a western wildfire right now.

NC State- Not as good as my next door neighbor hoped. Their game with JMU was a lot closer than the score.

VT- I had written of their defense after all they lost, but these young guys are good. We need to find a way to neutralize Walker. He's a dude.

Clemson- OK, so they're better than Furman. Was the score actually closer than you expected?

Miami- Unless LSU is really, really good, the U is not back yet.

GT- Too early to tell, but I liked the D very much. Unlike many on the chat Saturday, I did not fret too much regarding Marshall's bad day passing.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I think Taggert is in over his head. That is about as bad as you could look in your home opener. When they hired him, I thought it was a knee jerk reaction.

Early precincts reporting: VT vs Clemson in the championship game.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Given how inept FSU looked I would say that the Hokies are hard to read at the moment. Did that D cause the O to look inept, or did the O cause the D to look awesome? I still think the Coastal comes down to the winner of Miami vs GT in November.

Deleted member 2897

Dabo is walking that political line very well. Lawrence is your QB, but he doesn’t want to end a Senior’s career easily - especially one that took them to the CFP. So he’s playing both QBs every game until everyone can see Lawrence is better. It shouldn’t take too long.

NC State has 1 single season in their entire program’s history when they won 10+ games. The default is 6-6. They are like Duke, just with better recruits.

We needed VT to lose last night for the Coastal race. Not a good outcome. We play Clemson and @Louisville crossing over. Their crossover is BC LOL. Youd have to bet on 2-0 there. I’d hate to beat everyone in the Coastal division and not make it to Charlotte. Just win baby.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
We needed VT to lose last night for the Coastal race. Not a good outcome. We play Clemson and @Louisville crossing over. Their crossover is BC LOL. Youd have to bet on 2-0 there. I’d hate to beat everyone in the Coastal division and not make it to Charlotte. Just win baby.

VT looked surprisingly good last night. I hope FSU’s anemic effort made them look better than they really are. Miami looks wildly overrated after that awful game against LSU which means we could be the biggest divisional game left on their schedule. It looks like we are in a must win situation against them. Blacksburg on a Thursday night is going to be a tough atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
VT looked surprisingly good last night. I hope FSU’s anemic effort made them look better than they really are. Miami looks wildly overrated after that awful game against LSU which means we could be the biggest divisional game left on their schedule. It looks like we are in a must win situation against them. Blacksburg on a Thursday night is going to be a tough atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like GT's option offense against VT's green linebackers and secondary

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Taggart might as well resign this week. Hes not a superstar head coach. And never will be. He would be a great fit for a southern Alabama, or a UAB, or a mac team. Maybe a MWC school as well. But florida state? Nah. He cant handle that pressure and doesn't have the skill set to coach this type of team. I'm willing to bet by week 7 his team has given up on him and start running their own plays lol

Deleted member 2897

Taggart might as well resign this week. Hes not a superstar head coach. And never will be. He would be a great fit for a southern Alabama, or a UAB, or a mac team. Maybe a MWC school as well. But florida state? Nah. He cant handle that pressure and doesn't have the skill set to coach this type of team. I'm willing to bet by week 7 his team has given up on him and start running their own plays lol

I mean, if FSU can run off Bobby Bowden and Jimbo Fisher, what shot does Taggart really have?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Taggart is the worst FSU head coach since Darrell Mudra in 1975. He will also knock the FSU football program back to the level Darrell Mudra had it also.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I think it will be a battle between BC and NCSU,i want to see their game on October 6th.

NC State should have a drop off year. Boston college will be well coached and a tough team.

It doesn't hurt them that their first 5 games are layups for the most part. Their schedule is as follows...

Games
2. Holy Cross (H)

3. Wake Forest (A)

4. Purdue (A)

5. Temple (H)

Then it gets tough.

6. NC State (A)

7. Louisville (H)

8. Miami (H)

9. VT (A)

10. Clemson (H)

11. FSU (A)

12. Syracuse (H)

All in all first 5 should be wins. Then they can definitely win against NC state, Louisville, Miami, FSU, and Cuse. With potential upsets of Clemson and VT. Should go about 8-4, 9-3.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
NC State should have a drop off year. Boston college will be well coached and a tough team.

It doesn't hurt them that their first 5 games are layups for the most part. Their schedule is as follows...

Games
2. Holy Cross (H)

3. Wake Forest (A)

4. Purdue (A)

5. Temple (H)

Then it gets tough.

6. NC State (A)

7. Louisville (H)

8. Miami (H)

9. VT (A)

10. Clemson (H)

11. FSU (A)

12. Syracuse (H)

All in all first 5 should be wins. Then they can definitely win against NC state, Louisville, Miami, FSU, and Cuse. With potential upsets of Clemson and VT. Should go about 8-4, 9-3.
I think BC goes 8-4 with losses to NCSU,Miami,VT and Clemson.