ACC Discussion 2019-20

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If you meant 4 road wins in the ACC, we only have 3. Not that I wouldn’t take 4, however F$U beat us.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
If we want to continue our trend of being an NCAA team we HAVE to beat ND but what the F*** are we gonna do with John mooney

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If we want to continue our trend of being an NCAA team we HAVE to beat ND but what the F*** are we gonna do with John mooney
ND needs for him to have a big night every night, but him balling out does not mean ND wins. We need to play the same tough defense and aggressive offense we have in the past few games. If Mooney scores 30 and gets 20 rebounds we can still beat them.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

I'm not overly worried about Mooney. He'll get his for sure but I don't really see him as the type of guy to carry the team on his own. I think we could play ND man, and put Moses on Mooney to stay with him on the perimeter and have Banks play help off of either Durham of Laszewski when Mooney goes to the paint. IMO the thing we need to watch for is Hubbs, Gibbs, or Goodwin getting hot from 3, and Mooney on the offensive boards. This is not a game I would go zone, at least not to start.

I think if we come out with good energy in our man to man we should be able to limit then offensively, and then it's just a matter of getting good looks on the other end.

ND does have a good bit of experience with 4 seniors who play a lot. They will give us a challenge but if we play like we have the past couple of games we should get the W.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not overly worried about Mooney. He'll get his for sure but I don't really see him as the type of guy to carry the team on his own. I think we could play ND man, and put Moses on Mooney to stay with him on the perimeter and have Banks play help off of either Durham of Laszewski when Mooney goes to the paint. IMO the thing we need to watch for is Hubbs, Gibbs, or Goodwin getting hot from 3, and Mooney on the offensive boards. This is not a game I would go zone, at least not to start.

I think if we come out with good energy in our man to man we should be able to limit then offensively, and then it's just a matter of getting good looks on the other end.

ND does have a good bit of experience with 4 seniors who play a lot. They will give us a challenge but if we play like we have the past couple of games we should get the W.
I definitely thought about going man the whole game, especially after what they did to our zone in the acc tourney. My only fear with having Wright on Mooney is the potential for foul trouble. I’d almost want usher guarding him.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I definitely thought about going man the whole game, especially after what they did to our zone in the acc tourney. My only fear with having Wright on Mooney is the potential for foul trouble. I’d almost want usher guarding him.
Agree

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I see, total road wins. Not ACC ones.
I’d like to have those four home losses, go in the win column. Duke can be excused. If GT takes down Ball St. and either Syracuse or Arkansas, no longer a .500 team(10-6 or 11-5 if we took all 3 of those games).

Ball State was inexcusable. Syracuse just beat the you know what out of us. It happens. Arkansas was a last second Hail Mary that unfortunately went in. Having 2 of those 3 would have been nice, but let's just go and beat Louisville on the road to make up for it. And yes, I have been drinking.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We really really really need duke and Louisville to ha duke business tonight smh

It's better for us if Clemson beats Duke. They are currently 93 in the NET rankings and if they can get into the top 75 that is another chance for a good win. We also play them twice vs Duke only once.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Ah I see what you’re saying. But I guess that means we really need Louisville to win

That is an interesting case. We play UL twice so you would think that. But winning @UL will be a good win regardless of the outcome of the pitt game. The outcome of Pitt vs UL could just be which of UL at home or @Pitt is a good win. Might help our overall ranking for UL to win but which is better for us probably depends on which of those two games we think we have a better chance of winning.