ACC Discussion 2019-20

Deleted member 2897

Has Clemson ever beat North Carolina and Duke in the same week before? In the same season?

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Ball State was inexcusable. Syracuse just beat the you know what out of us. It happens. Arkansas was a last second Hail Mary that unfortunately went in. Having 2 of those 3 would have been nice, but let's just go and beat Louisville on the road to make up for it. And yes, I have been drinking.

Ball State and Syracuse also happened during finals when practise time very limited.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The Duke-Climpsin and LOLvl-Pitt games highlighted our challenges this year. The ACC may have a clear top 3, but I reckon e'rybody else is pretty close.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I have seen this figure quoted multiple times. Where is this coming from?
I was told at the last Clemson home game that I worked, that this years share for the other FT ACC members, would be right at 300k. each. He’s an Associate AD under DRad.

Before you ask, that was a pre-suppositional figure based on last year and with the condition they would wind up in the Semi and the Final game.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I was told at the last Clemson home game that I worked, that this years share for the other FT ACC members, would be right at 300k. each. He’s an Associate AD under DRad.

Before you ask, that was a pre-suppositional figure based on last year and with the condition they would wind up in the Semi and the Final game.

There is only a travel allowance for the final game. There is no extra money for making the final game.

From the CFP website:

A conference will receive $6 million for each team that is selected for the semifinal games. There will be no additional distribution to conferences whose teams qualify for the national championship game.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There is only a travel allowance for the final game. There is no extra money for making the final game.

From the CFP website:

A conference will receive $6 million for each team that is selected for the semifinal games. There will be no additional distribution to conferences whose teams qualify for the national championship game.
So that would be $400K plus for each university.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer

your closer to the program than i am. why are we not embracing 404 culture throughout? imo we should have had 404 banners courtside along with the coach collins interview during the duke game.

we could be a top power in every sport if we took care of business in the 404. to limit it to fb makes no sense to me. what am i missing? too much of a good thing? still in the development phase?

what gives!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I believe the correct figure for Monday is zero.

I've seen a lot of posts flying around that Clemson and LSU get paid extra for winning the semifinal games. They only get expense money for that.
The 6 m. or whatever the conference take was, may not have come on Monday or after the semi-final game, technically. However for Clemson being in the playoffs, the members got paid....300k last year or 400k this year? That’s all I can tell you.

@gtpi ; I’m not close to this program, after CDL left. Afraid after the R_ _ Be_ _ mess, to talk to a player or coach. I can tell you the administration is listening. Whether they are acting on any of it, who knows if they will? You mentioned some good ideas and I’ve had a few conveyed to the A.A. To me, there is no excuse for empty seats. That goes for the WBB Team as well. I’ve also asked the Boys and Girls Clubs of Atlanta to reach out to a certain individual, who has promised to listen.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC today against Pitt is gawd awful. I kept telling my Duke buddies beating UNC by 15 in Chapel Hill was not as big of a deal as they were making it out to be. 43-23 pitt right before half and the unc ole defense is on. Plus they remind me of gt in 18-19 with fumble fingers on offense - never a clean pass.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC today against Pitt is gawd awful. I kept telling my Duke buddies beating UNC by 15 in Chapel Hill was not as big of a deal as they were making it out to be. 43-23 pitt right before half and the unc ole defense is on. Plus they remind me of gt in 18-19 with fumble fingers on offense - never a clean pass.
Roy is a great coach with top tier talent. That's not as common a skill as you'd think
But he is not a good coach with average talent. He would not be good at a non blue blood

Deleted member 2897

Roy is a great coach with top tier talent. That's not as common a skill as you'd think
But he is not a good coach with average talent. He would not be good at a non blue blood

UNC loses to Pitt. They have great talent, but can’t gel into a team and Roy is clueless to fix it. Hilarious.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
@lv20gt what’s the word now that Syracuse just beat VT?

I'm not sure what you're asking about. Basically two middle of the pack ACC teams played and the home team pulled out a close one. It leaves the 4 spot in the conference wide open (8 teams within 1 game). It probably helps us in that we play Cuse twice and VT once and VT @Home wasn't going to be considered a good win anyways likely.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not sure what you're asking about. Basically two middle of the pack ACC teams played and the home team pulled out a close one. It leaves the 4 spot in the conference wide open (8 teams within 1 game). It probably helps us in that we play Cuse twice and VT once and VT @Home wasn't going to be considered a good win anyways likely.

I just figured Syracuse was considered a bad loss and since Syracuse just beat a VT team whose stock is rising that the loss wouldn’t be “as bad”