ACC Discussion 2019-20

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Watched VT before switching over to GT. They are a lot of fun to watch. Small ball just like ARK but with a lot more movement and structure to their sets. They run a horn set that had MSU switching and making defensive mistakes routinely - no small feat with MSU defenses. Plus they had what we covet - shooters across the board.

I would love to see us steal some of the structure they use to get an offense initiated and in motion.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would say the moral of the story is this crop of Duke freshman isn't the same level as last year's crop of Duke freshmen. I will be really floored if they have 3 of the top 10 NBA picks on this team.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would say the moral of the story is this crop of Duke freshman isn't the same level as last year's crop of Duke freshmen. I will be really floored if they have 3 of the top 10 NBA picks on this team.

I'll be shocked if this happens and pretty sure the mock drafts support your thesis.

There's nobody on that team that the NBA would be that excited about.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I was surprised by the ease SFA guards got penetration and easy baskets. And late, when SFA had four guys with four fouls, Duke could not attack the SFA M2M defense.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I expect Carey will get some love but I haven't looked at any mocks to know

SFA guards were thick and quick enough to stay in front. They didn't reach or do stupid stuff so they got away with a lot of physical play - both sides did but SFA was much more aggressive. Most of all they were thick enough to get Duke defenders on their hip and simply take them for a ride into the lane and then make the contested shots. No real strategy just saddle up.

fun to watch

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I'll be shocked if this happens and pretty sure the mock drafts support your thesis.

There's nobody on that team that the NBA would be that excited about.
What's the matter, was the housing market in posh Durham neighborhoods not flush enough to attract the top prospects' families, during the last recruiting cycle?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea whether he would have come, but I really wish we had the money to commit to Mack when Bobinski was running his search.
On the other side, I think Bobinski hated Tech's culture so he probably didn't sell Mack really well when he had the chance even with their relationship.