ACC Discussion 2019-20

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I wonder if Cole Anthony's injury is the reason James Wiseman is leaving Memphis now for the NBA??? I get the impression he never had any interest in staying in school beyond March, so why risk it. He is likely the number one pick unless he gets hurt. Except for the silly one & done crap he would be playing in the league now.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
UNCheats squeaked by Yale 70-67 last night. Yale had a shot to tie, but missed. We have a very real opportunity to beat them up there.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame and Carolina just had injuries, to two top players.
UNC is not nearly as good this year as they have been. Alums in Chapel Hill are complaining that this is the worst team they can remember. I remind them of the Daugherty days but this is probably Roy's worst. I don't think he forgot how to coach over the summer. He doesn't have the horses he has had in the past and lost Anthony to injury and that kid is probably the best player in the ACC if healthy.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The ACC is currently a 5 bid league. L’Ville, Duke, FSU, Virginia, and one of UNC, VPI, Pitt, Notre Dame and Miami

yeah....one of the best bracketologists in the country writes for me before y’all label me a hater.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
You are not a hater, please stop thinking that way. Making me feel bad about myself.
We are realists. No offense to the believers, all of us want to win!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You are not a hater, please stop thinking that way. Making me feel bad about myself.
We are realists. No offense to the believers, all of us want to win!
I know I’m not. Realism does not equate hate and once again I’m correct. It’s hard being correct all the time

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I want to get this in before the Duke game so that my opinion is not colored by whatever happens tonight. I think we will lose, but how well we play is a really important test for this game. Duke is good even with Moore not playing.

Duke, Louisville, and Virginia will be very difficult for us. Those remaining games are likely going to be losses. We have two already and those four mean we will almost surely have six losses in the conference and eleven overall. We play Pitt and Clemson twice each, and we have Wake there and NC State in Atlanta. We need to win all six these games. If we do, that's good for eight ACC wins and 13 overall.

Now for the tough part. On paper we ought to beat Syracuse, but they destroyed us at McCamish. Hughes and Boeheim killed us from outside and Cuse out rebounded us. Granted, we did not have Jose or Usher. So, ... We have Miami at home and we should win that game if things fall as they should. But the Canes three ACC losses are to Louisville twice and to Duke. Before BC beat Virginia I thought that game was a certain win. Now, playing up there, I am not so sure. And we have ND twice. Finally, thank goodness we have Virginia Tech at home. If we can split these six games, I think we could be dancing. That will give us an OK record 17-14 (11-9). We will definitely be a bubble team. Honestly, it would be nicer if one of our ACC wins could be against Duke or Virginia or Louisville instead of Clemson or ND.

Maybe we get a nice surprise at home tonight. I hope the students are willing to stay up late. Two of my neighbors are Duke fans. They are visiting relatives in Duluth this week. Ha! Look for a lot of blue in the crowd.