4 games...

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I think Temple may well beat us. We're on the road, they likely want revenge for us stealing their coach, and they ain't that bad, folks. It would not shock me (especially the way the last few seasons have gone) to see us lose that game. I think it more likely we win USF and lose to Temple.

I also think we'll lose to both VT and N C State late in the year....VT just because it is on the road, and N C State I think simply has better lines than we do. That takes you down to 3 wins. Somewhere in all of that, we'll knock somebody off (just 'cuz) and finish with 4 wins.

But what do I know?

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Personally, I think Temple may well beat us. We're on the road, they likely want revenge for us stealing their coach, and they ain't that bad, folks. It would not shock me (especially the way the last few seasons have gone) to see us lose that game. I think it more likely we win USF and lose to Temple.

I also think we'll lose to both VT and N C State late in the year....VT just because it is on the road, and N C State I think simply has better lines than we do. That takes you down to 3 wins. Somewhere in all of that, we'll knock somebody off (just 'cuz) and finish with 4 wins.

But what do I know?

We'll beat Temple by at least 17 pts. They're freaking Temple. We have more talent and better coaching. Plus, they're ****ing Temple.
We should beat VT again. They were dismal last year and shouldn't be any better than us. Plus, contrary to your post, we actually play VT at home this year. NC State? Meh - who knows.

We will beat
Temple
Citadel
USF
Duke
2 of Miami, VT, UNC, Nc State
Pitt

7 wins. mark it down, all you negative Nancys!

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We'll beat Temple by at least 17 pts. They're freaking Temple. We have more talent and better coaching. Plus, they're ****ing Temple.
We should beat VT again. They were dismal last year and shouldn't be any better than us. Plus, contrary to your post, we actually play VT at home this year. NC State? Meh - who knows.

We will beat
Temple
Citadel
USF
Duke
Pitt

tenor.gif

We may be Nebraska 2018 this year (since it was brought up before). They were competitive early and then were really good by the end of the year - which is why people are (too) high on them this year. I expect us to come out with fire in every game. We may end up with less than I expect (or @RickStromFan lays out here) but no way do I expect us to give up in any game. We haven't seen that before, and these guys are jacked up (thank you Lew and Crew) physically, and these coaches are all out to prove something. We'll be good. Sit back and enjoy the excitement people.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ were here, six wins would be very disappointing to most of us. Now we’re supposed to be elated with six. WTF??? Football is football.

First 3 DLs (and best one ) gone.Would Braun be here.Adams not.Nor would will we run up 400 yds and 35 FDs on VT this yr.
This yr IS different.I personally will be happy with 6 wins.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
Given the variables at play here for GT this particular season, it's hard to compare us to any other D1 school with a new coach.

The dynamic of our previous offense and the players recruited for it, make GT's situation very different from Miami, Temple, or any of the others with a new HC.

What concerns me most is the changes to technique on the OL, WR's, and QB's. I imagine due to that, the transition will be a little tougher for our guys versus, say, Miami.

Given that, rather than be overly concerned with W's and L's, I will be watching our improvement over the course of the season. I mean, yeah, I want us to win 8 or 9 games. Is that reasonable? I dont know.

But if we do actually only win 4 or 5, yet we get progressively better over the season, and win 2 or of our last 3 games, while giving the Eaters of Turd a run for their money, I would definitely be happy with that, despite the win total.

Now if we only win 3 and we look like $hit all year with no discernable difference between the Clemson game and Eaters of Turd game, then I'll be concerned.

But a strong finish would do wonders for media hype and momentum going into 2020.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
And you have still yet to give an argument for why that game should be a lock.

In the first place I never said it was a "lock". Since App State handed it to Michagan, I would never call a lock. I feel very strongly that Tech plays at a higher level in one of the better conferences in the US. I don't believe that Temple does. You seem committed to the idea that CPJ did not recruit well. I strongly disagree. I think we have a lot of talent. If you wish to exult in downgrading our talent, more power to you. I'm tired of discussing it. Bye!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We will be Temple's Super Bowl. They might want to beat us more (well not us, but Geoff Collins anyway) than they want to beat UCF.

The Citadel is the only lock on our schedule.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer

We will beat
Temple
Citadel
USF
Duke
Pitt

We have their coach. We win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
We will be Temple's Super Bowl. They might want to beat us more (well not us, but Geoff Collins anyway) than they want to beat UCF.

The Citadel is the only lock on our schedule.

And like the Buffalo Bills, who had 4 Super Bowls, Temple will lose.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Tome, my concern has NOTHING to do with scheme change. Football is won and lost on the lines, and our lines lost key people on both sides. We’ll be inexperienced and that is not a good prescription for winning close games.

Hope I am wrong.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Tome, my concern has NOTHING to do with scheme change. Football is won and lost on the lines, and our lines lost key people on both sides. We’ll be inexperienced and that is not a good prescription for winning close games.

Hope I am wrong.
Agree 100% with this post. It doesn't help that our offensive line will be working on an entirely new scheme that they probably haven't practiced since high school. I'm more worried about consistent 2nd or 3rd and longs than any other facet of our team. We don't have P5 size on the offensive line and we absolutely cannot be taking massive amounts of sacks. I also don't love the idea of our DBs having to guard receivers for 5+ seconds each play. It's hard to minimize completions/yardage/first downs/TOP if the opponent is playing 10 yard pitch and catch every down.