4 games...

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
If he didn’t he wouldn’t be living up to GT’s historical standards and he should go as well.

Okay, I’ll bite. What are our historical standards? Without using the internet, the best seasons we’ve had since we won the Natty were in 2009 and 2014, both years that CPJ was coaching. People that hate CPJ love to cherry pick stats and start with the 2015 season. But now that you’re making a different point, I’m curious to see what years are our historical standards according to @Boaty1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You do realize that CPJ was one of the most successful football coaches in Tech’s long history, right? If so, logic should tell you that in the long term CGC is unlikely to go down in the history books as a better coach. I hope CGC succeeds. I hope CGC is so good that the Heisman trophy is renamed the Collins trophy and Kirby drives over on Sunday mornings to shine his shoes. I really do. The simple fact remains: CGC is 0-0 as a GT head coach. Let that sink in.

He had a winning % lower than Gailey (virtually equal but that doesn't really change the argument)

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Okay, I’ll bite. What are our historical standards? Without using the internet, the best seasons we’ve had since we won the Natty were in 2009 and 2014, both years that CPJ was coaching. People that hate CPJ love to cherry pick stats and start with the 2015 season. But now that you’re making a different point, I’m curious to see what years are our historical standards according to @Boaty1.

Gailey won 58% of his games at GT while Johnson won 57%.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
For those keeping score...

I stated CGC is 0-0 as a GT head coach.

For some reason, someone wanted to rehash for the 1,000th time that CPJ had a poor 4-season stretch, the worst since Lewis.

@Boaty1 agrees and says that if CGC doesn’t live up to GT’s historical standard, he should be gone too. It seems that Gailey set our historical standard at a 58% win percentage, 1% higher than CPJ...a statistical tie.

Well, if we are just getting silly with statistics, I’d like to point out that CPJ had the best 6-season stretch (2009-2014) by a single GT head coach since Dodd (1951-1956).

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
For those keeping score...

I stated CGC is 0-0 as a GT head coach.

For some reason, someone wanted to rehash for the 1,000th time that CPJ had a poor 4-season stretch, the worst since Lewis.

@Boaty1 agrees and says that if CGC doesn’t live up to GT’s historical standard, he should be gone too. It seems that Gailey set our historical standard at a 58% win percentage, 1% higher than CPJ...a statistical tie.

Well, if we are just getting silly with statistics, I’d like to point out that CPJ had the best 6-season stretch (2009-2014) by a single GT head coach since Dodd (1951-1956).

Great point about Johnson’s first 6 years. Here’s to hoping Collins can approach that success!