4 games...

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
For you guys that worship PJ and think he was the best ever, please get over it. He did the best thing for Tech, he resigned graciously. We got an "all in coach" who's dream job was to be Tech's head coach. Get on his team because the man is a winner!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
For you guys that worship PJ and think he was the best ever, please get over it. He did the best thing for Tech, he resigned graciously. We got an "all in coach" who's dream job was to be Tech's head coach. Get on his team because the man is a winner!

You do realize that CPJ was one of the most successful football coaches in Tech’s long history, right? If so, logic should tell you that in the long term CGC is unlikely to go down in the history books as a better coach. I hope CGC succeeds. I hope CGC is so good that the Heisman trophy is renamed the Collins trophy and Kirby drives over on Sunday mornings to shine his shoes. I really do. The simple fact remains: CGC is 0-0 as a GT head coach. Let that sink in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You do realize that CPJ was one of the most successful football coaches in Tech’s long history, right? If so, logic should tell you that in the long term CGC is unlikely to go down in the history books as a better coach. I hope CGC succeeds. I hope CGC is so good that the Heisman trophy is renamed the Collins trophy and Kirby drives over on Sunday mornings to shine his shoes. I really do. The simple fact remains: CGC is 0-0 as a GT head coach. Let that sink in.

feeding the troll. Don't get sucked in.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Cant we all agree to blame Mbob for not helping his employee?

Before first orange bowl i helped Todd spencer try to recruit Texas. He had no help. I mean 0.

If coach had a real AD , his accomplishments would have had Cutcliffe doing shoe shinning.

Now we have a bunch of young guys that are full of energy. Tstan is swinging for the fences. Lets enjoy the fact our AD loves gt.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer

CPJ was all in, the problem was he started with half the chips (but a good hand). I hate this crap. TSTAN is doing goood things, Johnson's still a tech fan, he's retiring here in atlanta. There's probably only ONE place he'd go coach again and that's Statesboro.(Lundsford aint going anywhere unless he gets poached)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
CPJ was all in, the problem was he started with half the chips (but a good hand). I hate this crap. TSTAN is doing goood things, Johnson's still a tech fan, he's retiring here in atlanta. There's probably only ONE place he'd go coach again and that's Statesboro.(Lundsford aint going anywhere unless he gets poached)
He’d probably coach Navy again.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck

You are right!!! CGC IS UNDEFEATED!!!! BEST TECH COACH EVER!!!

Jmonty71

Banned
I know this has been stated on many threads, but the whole world thinks we will only win 4 games?! I might as well sell my season tickets now. And most people are saying UNDER 4! LIKE 3 OR LESS!!! I look at it like this.

Clemson - L
USF -L
Citadel -W
Temple -W
UNC - W
Duke - Toss up, but I'll say L
Miami - L
Pitt - W
Virginia - L
VT - W
NC State - W
uga - L

By my count that's 6. With a bowl bid.
4 is our floor. Pitt Citadel and Temple are all locks for me. If we can't win one game between UNC, Virginia, VT, or NC State then I'm deeply disappointed.
I wished I could agree with the OP on this one. I think we crap the bed against UNC or Duke. VT is also a L... NC State isn't as good, as they had been. But, they will be pretty even with us. It may very well be a tough year. Unless, I am really missing some secret weapons we have on offense. Did we all of the sudden find a QB, that knows how to throw to a pattern? Did we find an OL that can do more than flop at people's feet? I have to see a couple of games before I get too excited. And our first game is against, the future NCAA champion for next season.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Athlon: Examining the Over/Under 2019 Win Totals for the ACC
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Over 4 wins +140...Under 4 wins -160

Non-Conference: South Florida, The Citadel, at Temple, Georgia

It's going to be really weird not to see this team run the triple option because Paul Johnson is out and Temple's Geoff Collins is in. He's planning to run a more pro-style attack with a lot of Johnson's recruits. Quarterback, in particular, appears to be an issue because of the system change. Collins also has a lot of work to do on defense where only three starters return including a pair in the secondary. Should be interesting to see how the game at Temple to close out September goes for the former Owls head coach.

Verdict: I came up with four wins so no play here.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer

24-25 over the last 4 years says it was time for a change. The worst 4 year stretch since Lewis. It was time for a change.