4 games...

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I know this has been stated on many threads, but the whole world thinks we will only win 4 games?! I might as well sell my season tickets now. And most people are saying UNDER 4! LIKE 3 OR LESS!!! I look at it like this.

Clemson - L
USF -L
Citadel -W
Temple -W
UNC - W
Duke - Toss up, but I'll say L
Miami - L
Pitt - W
Virginia - L
VT - W
NC State - W
uga - L

By my count that's 6. With a bowl bid.
4 is our floor. Pitt Citadel and Temple are all locks for me. If we can't win one game between UNC, Virginia, VT, or NC State then I'm deeply disappointed.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Like 0 respect anywhere. Other message boards I get on say we are the only team without a chance to win the coastal.

I think we have a very slim chance but I think we are going to surprise folks. Especially if our waivers come through(unfortunately...they probably won’t). I’m a Tech fan, I know how these things generally end up.

I think we can go 7-5, 8-4 with an outside shot at coastal. We’ll see how good these coaches are and hopefully we can avoid injury bug.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Why would beating USF be wishful thinking? That’s a must have game for us
I agree. But I also can see us picking up steam at the end of the year. USF will be a tough match for us as I think that's where we are talent wise. I think we would be a top tier AAC team right now. How does that relate to the ACC? We shall see.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Pitt beat us last year and it wasn't as close as the final score indicated (down 21-0 at the half and only got it within 1 score with under 40 seconds to play). There is no reason for that to be considered a lock. Temple also is suspect to call a lock since it is a road game against a team that went bowling last year.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I know it's a must game for us, but I doubt we will be favored.

Sad, but probably true. Oddsmakers will only have one game to gauge us by and it will most likely not be pretty on our side. If we put up a reasonable fight against Clemson, I think it will be an even spread. That said, if USF is favored I’ll be happy to lay some money on the Jackets playing in their first home game under a new regime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Stop dumping on your team guys. It's a new season. We have ball players. There are only two teams on our schedule that we are obviously outclassed in size and talent. Have a little faith in your team. Historically, they've done alright when they have good coaching. I'm betting on my team and their new coaches to be ready to play up to or beyond their competition. Until they show me they can't, I'm not conceding a game to USF, EVER. I will be shocked if we don't bowl.