4 games...

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I used to be very worried about the defense but then I watched the coach Thacker Waffle House Wednesday. That dude has the best booth slide of all the coaches. We are good on D!

It remains to be seen. LOL

It’ll take a few games, or at least a few years. We shall see. Hope springs eternal.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ were here, six wins would be very disappointing to most of us. Now we’re supposed to be elated with six. WTF??? Football is football.
I agree a few on here the last 2 years that wanted CPJ fired was because things had got stale winning 7 games. He retires we hire a younger coach with lots of energy and those same people are OK with 6 or less wins. I really think we will be fine this year without a bad rash of injuries. The telling point we be how they react after their first loss so we will know pretty early I guess.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Pitt beat us last year and it wasn't as close as the final score indicated (down 21-0 at the half and only got it within 1 score with under 40 seconds to play). There is no reason for that to be considered a lock. Temple also is suspect to call a lock since it is a road game against a team that went bowling last year.

But wait - Temple will have a new coaching staff and system - won't they???"

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Frankly, outside of Clemson and the mutts, I think every game is winnable. VT was complete garbage last year - not sure how they've suddenly vaulted us. Duke has a new QB and no longer has us figured out before the game starts. UVA is probably the best of the rest but they aren't world-beaters. USF regressed to dog **** last year and we should've beaten them by 3 TDs. We won't give up 2 KO Return TDs again. Miami's an overrated dumpster fire again. UNC is in a similar situation to us, with a new coach but they're still the Holes.

None of the rest deserve a mention.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
How well the OL can pick up blitzes will determine a lot of our success. We will use quick routes a lot more which should keep the D more honest. Fingers crossed we don't have a lot of injuries at key positions during fall practices.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
If CPJ were here, six wins would be very disappointing to most of us. Now we’re supposed to be elated with six. WTF??? Football is football.
I’m not dumping on CPJ because he did a very good job here, but while we might have won 5-6 this year with CPJ, I think we would be heading to 4-5 the next year and 3-4 the year after. With CGC, we may win 4-5 this year, but I think we might win 6-7 next year and 7-8 the next.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I’m not dumping on CPJ because he did a very good job here, but while we might have won 5-6 this year with CPJ, I think we would be heading to 4-5 the next year and 3-4 the year after. With CGC, we may win 4-5 this year, but I think we might win 6-7 next year and 7-8 the next.
He would have had his best quarterback recruit ever coming in for 4+ years. No way.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
We are getting more downgraded because not only the coaching change but also the Offensive Scheme change, whether this turns-out to be a real factor or not will be the key factor for W/L's.
But don't forget three teams on our schedule also have coaching changes with Miami getting their usual pre-season lovefest in the media.
I think the schedule could be favorable for us, if USF-Citadel-Temple-UNC are all wins, Duke will be the crucial game in terms of how the remainder of the schedule plays out.