Top 3 (alphabetically)
Craig Counsell, Brewers
Mike Shildt, Cardinals
Brian Snitker, Braves

Winner announced Nov. 12.
I think Brian Snitker will win the NL Manager of the Year Award

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Two hidden jewels: FA’s who were with Milwaukee and Chicago Cubs.

Mike Moustakas-Past 3 years, he’s been on 1 year deals. 38, 28, 35 HR’s with a .817 OPS and 113 adjusted OPS since 2017. 31 yo. and can play 3B or 2B competently.

Brandon Kintzler-72, 70, 62 workhorse appearances the last 3 years. He won’t get a strikeout per inning since 2015 or become the closer. What he will do is give you a clean, high leverage inning when needed. Clutch. 35 yo. Set-up reliever.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Two hidden jewels: FA’s who were with Milwaukee and Chicago Cubs.

Mike Moustakas-Past 3 years, he’s been on 1 year deals. 38, 28, 35 HR’s with a .817 OPS and 113 adjusted OPS since 2017. 31 yo. and can play 3B or 2B competently.

Brandon Kintzler-72, 70, 62 workhorse appearances the last 3 years. He won’t get a strikeout per inning since 2015 or become the closer. What he will do is give you a clean, high leverage inning when needed. Clutch. 35 yo. Set-up reliever.
If Josh Donaldson isn't resigned by the Braves i wouldn't mind Mike Moustakas being 3rd baseman for the Braves in 2020. Austin Riley could then take over at 3rd base in 2021.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If Josh Donaldson isn't resigned by the Braves i wouldn't mind Mike Moustakas being 3rd baseman for the Braves in 2020. Austin Riley could then take over at 3rd base in 2021.
That's a good idea. Rain man is wanting to get 75m. for 3 yrs. or 96m. for 4. He and his agent probably will, although I have my doubts with Atlanta. I could be off “base” on this assumption. Mike Moose is valuable because he can play 2nd, if Albies goes down for any time or days off. Camargo can play 3rd and of course Riley has options if he’s at Gwinnett. Austin might be in LF if Inciarte is dealt. Duvall and Kakes can platoon in LF or RF. Acuna can play RF or CF, while Pache can play all three spots at some point next year. Waters all 3 positions in the OF, although scouts like him on the corners.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Turn around YJF2018, try not to read this because you might be more disappointed than I was:
https://www.talkingchop.com/2019/11...rs-madison-bumgarner-darth-vader-nooooooooooo

Even rumors of this scare me. We pass on a long-term with Corbin, don’t sign Keuchel in time for Spring Training....and this guy has been pitching in a pitchers’ park with numbers not close to being an ace(however he’s from NC and a reported Braves fan, like us-although we are not after a lengthy deal worth millions)?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Turn around YJF2018, try not to read this because you might be more disappointed than I was:
https://www.talkingchop.com/2019/11...rs-madison-bumgarner-darth-vader-nooooooooooo

Even rumors of this scare me. We pass on a long-term with Corbin, don’t sign Keuchel in time for Spring Training....and this guy has been pitching in a pitchers’ park with numbers not close to being an ace(however he’s from NC and a reported Braves fan, like us-although we are not after a lengthy deal worth millions)?
I don't want the Braves to make an expensive deal for an over the hill pitcher like Madison Bumgarner

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I don't want the Braves to make an expensive deal for an over the hill pitcher like Madison Bumgarner
I don’t want him either, good buddy! Hammels is way less money, perfect for a year or two at the most. Bridge the gap, until Wright, Anderson are ready with the next tier. Wilson should be the closer, although I want two of those(not the Melon Man, he sets up).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Tony Clark, executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, announced Wednesday that the MLBPA has launched an investigation looking into recent comments from Braves general manager Alex Anthopoulos. Specifically, the union took umbrage with the following comment Anthopoulos made during a recent conference call with Atlanta beat writers (link via The Athletic’s David O’Brien):

Every day you get more information. And we’ve had time to connect with 27 of the clubs — obviously the Astros and (Nationals) being in the World Series, they were tied up — but we had a chance to get a sense of what the other clubs are going to look to do in free agency, who might be available in trades.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I don’t think Atlanta gives him 4 years @ 18m. per year, when they can get a Cole Hammels for a year or two until the next tier of starters are ready....
For now, Bumgarner has until Nov. 14 to decide whether to accept the $17.8MM qualifying offer the Giants gave him earlier this week. But rejecting it looks like a formality for the 30-year-old Bumgarner, who MLBTR projects will land a four-year, $72MM contract on the open market. Whether the numbers are exact remains to be seen, but Bumgarner’s surely in line for a substantial payday, so the main question is whether San Francisco will be the team that hands it to him.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
CBS Sports says the Braves should sign free agent catcher Alex Avila who would come pretty cheap and use the rest of the money for other upgrades on the team like 3rd base or elsewhere

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...agent-for-each-team-to-target-this-offseason/
I guess you get what you pay for. He hit .209 in 63 games. Strictly a platoon guy, and we typically only carry two catchers(hearing Cervelli will not be kept). Lifetime .232 hitter. Looking at Jason Castro, he’s not much more of an upgrade. With Flowers around, you almost need 3 catchers with platooning and age or we wouldn’t be able to use them as pinch-hitters.

One sportswriter suggests Atlanta get together with the Padres for a young backstop. I don’t see that as fruitful with the 2 future guys we have who can be here by 2021:
https://www.eastvillagetimes.com/2019/08/the-san-diego-padres-have-depth-at-catcher/

Grandal would be costly. You get more, and spend way more. He’s not coming on a one or two year deal either. Too big of a market for him, with a huge drop off to the next catcher down the FA pool list.