2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Position players recently electing Free Agency, along w/ former team:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
  • Braves third base coach Ron Washington was the runner-up in the Padres’ managerial search and also won’t be taking on a bench coach job with San Diego, Dennis Lin of The Athletic reports (subscription required). There had been speculation that Washington could provide a veteran counsel to first-time manager Jayce Tingler, though it appears that Washington will remain in his current job in Atlanta.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
  • Braves third base coach Ron Washington was the runner-up in the Padres’ managerial search and also won’t be taking on a bench coach job with San Diego, Dennis Lin of The Athletic reports (subscription required). There had been speculation that Washington could provide a veteran counsel to first-time manager Jayce Tingler, though it appears that Washington will remain in his current job in Atlanta.
I'm glad Ron is staying with the Braves:cool:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Strong rumors that Gerrit Cole will fly westerly to pitch for the LA Angels next year. He will be just shy of 30 y.o., in his prime, commanding a record setting deal in length and seasonal dollars.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I've seen rumors that the Yankees will be going after Gerrit Cole hard since they need pitching help
He’s ticked the Houstoner’s off by stating during the playoffs that he wants an Angels offer. Of course they can’t make one to Cole or his agent right now.
I can see a big market team like the Yanks. Pretty sure the Braves have little to zero chance, after he has tipped his “right” hand.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
He’s ticked the Houstoner’s off by stating during the playoffs that he wants an Angels offer. Of course they can’t make one to Cole or his agent right now.
I can see a big market team like the Yanks. Pretty sure the Braves have little to zero chance, after he has tipped his “right” hand.
The Braves need to sign a top shelf starting pitcher in the offseason for sure:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If we can't sign Cole, then I want to sign both Odorizzi and Bumgarner. Neither one of them are true aces anymore, but both are solid #2's and we need more depth.
If Frisco offers Bum within 5 days after the WS(Tues. or Wed.), teams may not surrender a draft pick before June?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here are My 2020 Preseason MLB Predictions

NL East

1) Nationals 94-68
2) Braves 91-71
3) Phillies 88-74
4) Mets 87-75
5) Marlins 60-102

NL Central

1) Brewers 89-73
2) Cardinals 86-76
3) Cubs 81-81
4) Reds 81-81
5) Pirates 67-95

NL West

1) Dodgers 98-64
2) Diamondbacks 90-72
3) Giants 80-82
4) Padres 77-85
5) Rockies 69-93

NL Wildcards: Braves and Diamondbacks

NL Champions: Dodgers

AL East:

1) Yankees 101-61
2) Rays 94-68
3) Red Sox 90-72
4) Blue Jays 76-86
5) Orioles 65-97

NL Central

1) Twins 95-77
2) Indians 91-71
3) White Sox 85-77
4) Royals 70-92
5) Tigers 57-102

AL West

1) Astros 104-58
2) A's 96-66
3) Rangers 87-75
4) Angels 79-83
5) Mariners 71-91

AL Wildcards: Rays and A's

AL Champions: Astros

2020 World Series Champions: Astros

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Cole? This is not a good look...whoever gets him, will get this. "I'm not an employee of this team"? He just had a Cy Young year "with this team" that won over 100 games, the AL pennant, and he was a stud. Here's some advice... be gracious for at least a few hours after your season ends.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/gerrit-cole-boras-corp-astros-world-series-free-agent
Gerrit Cole with that attitude would fit in with the Yankees and i think he'll be heading for the Bronx;)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Tyler Flowers option?
He led all of baseball in passed balls in 2019, and he really doesn’t do a great job of calling a game or throwing out runners.
And he’s hit under .230 for two straight seasons now, so he brings very little offensively.

...and I don’t want Alex Jackson as the back-up backstop!

We need two catchers, although realistically Langliers probably isn’t ready. So we need an every day guy + most likely stuck with Flow for another year. Personally, I would throw the moon at Grandal and find a bargain by March to back him up.