2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The MLB offseason will likely begin to churn this week as major league front offices gather in Scottsdale, Arizona for the annual General Manager Meetings. While big moves seldom happen at these meetings, the groundwork for trades and free agent signings will be made this week.

Pete Alonso is the favorite over Mike Soroka for NL R-O-T-Yr.

Howie Kendrick is reportedly drawing widespread interest on the free agent market. Both the Rays and the Marlins have reportedly touched base with the veteran infielder in the past week. The Cincinnati Reds are another team that is interested in adding Kendrick according to The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal. Fred, how much serious involvement does Washington have in trying to keep him? Dude can flat out hit!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The MLB offseason will likely begin to churn this week as major league front offices gather in Scottsdale, Arizona for the annual General Manager Meetings. While big moves seldom happen at these meetings, the groundwork for trades and free agent signings will be made this week.

Pete Alonso is the favorite over Mike Soroka for NL R-O-T-Yr.

Howie Kendrick is reportedly drawing widespread interest on the free agent market. Both the Rays and the Marlins have reportedly touched base with the veteran infielder in the past week. The Cincinnati Reds are another team that is interested in adding Kendrick according to The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal. Fred, how much serious involvement does Washington have in trying to keep him? Dude can flat out hit!
Howie Kendrick would be a great addition to the Rays

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
upload_2019-11-11_13-53-2.png

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Only a question, here. Do you think Ross would trade his best catcher?
I don’t see it. Even if they were to call it a rebuild.

Would be cool to have brothers at the same position in Atlanta.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Add the Nats. & Cardinals with an interest in Josh Donaldson.

If any of Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Anthony Rendon, Madison Bumgarner, Will Smith, Zack Wheeler, Marcell Ozuna, Jose Abreu or Josh Donaldsonsigns with a new club, their former team will receive a compensatory pick between Competitive Balance Round B and Round 3 of the 2020 draft. Those selections would likely fall in the upper 70s and low 80s. Slot values in that range of the 2019 draft checked in between $730K and $700K. The Nationals and Giants, then, could add a pair of Top 100 picks and roughly $1.5MM worth of additional pool money each if they lose both of their qualified free agents. Odorizzi has a much more complicated case, however Minnesota could gain a much higher pick(1st round)if he signs with another team for 50 m. or more. They are a revenue sharing team that did not exceed the luxury tax.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
BTW, this same article stated that the Texas Rangers needed a 3rd baseman, had money to spend and were very interested in Donaldson ...
They also like him as a DH. Might keep him fresh in a multi-year deal at a more advanced age. Although, I see an IF having less running stress compared to an OF-in their 30’s.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Guys, I don’t think Rendon is coming here. No inside info., but the Rangers are going to spend and Houston will move people around to better themselves. Don’t count the Nats. out either!

Rain Man is going to try to get more than 2 years. Alex A. might not want to go that far. If he can’t get it, maybe he falls back to Atlanta. Personally, I think somebody like Texas or Philly will overpay the market.

I can see Mike Moose Moustakas as a viable option. Riley is going to have to earn a spot in the Spring and Camargo is insurance with Culberson as super subs.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Guys, I don’t think Rendon is coming here. No inside info., but the Rangers are going to spend and Houston will move people around to better themselves. Don’t count the Nats. out either!

Rain Man is going to try to get more than 2 years. Alex A. might not want to go that far. If he can’t get it, maybe he falls back to Atlanta. Personally, I think somebody like Texas or Philly will overpay the market.

I can see Mike Moose Moustakas as a viable option. Riley is going to have to earn a spot in the Spring and Camargo is insurance with Culberson as super subs.

woods.gif

Giants hire Gabe Kapler as their Manager.
[Please don't wake kg01 from his Winter's nap, for this development]

Give @YellowJacketFan2018 credit, he called this months ago. Now back to it ...

slpt.gif