2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Nat'l Seed Watch

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
We now have 4 Q3/Q4 losses. Thats the most of anybody around us. Which sucks. Wasn't always that way. But Northwestern lost 4 of their last 5, Richmond lost 6 of their last 9, and Notre Dame's meaningless game against us yesterday ended in a loss and put their RPI at 102, so our loss to them earlier in the year counts as 1. And taking our foot off the gas against Pitt in game 3 counts as 1. So even though we won all those series, you gotta sweep the bad teams. Losing a game against Pitt, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, and Boston College was no bueno.

The saving grace is we also have 17 Q1 wins, with a good SOS. I'd like to think that would offset.

Deleted member 2897

East Carolina / Wichita State game has started (ECU lost to WS just a few days ago). 0-0 in 2nd inning.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We are now tied with L'Ville in ACC games this year 23-11 each. We are #8 rpi, 21 points ahead of L'Ville.

A loss tomorrow and we are probably +/-5 points of L'Ville in rpi. A win and we are clearly 8 rpi or better regardless of Sunday.

Wichita State 5-0 over ECU T3(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) An ECU loss would drop them to 6 or 7 rpi.

It would be disrespectful for a 85 rpi team to beat a potential National Seed twice.

(Unless they aren't a National Seed.)

Last edited:

slugboy

Staff member
@GTBaseball: RECAP: #CardiacJackets, postseason style! English, Tech show #GriT as they walk off Duke to reach semifinals

[emoji821] https://buzz.gt/BSB-052419

@theACCDN: .@GTBaseball beats Duke in thrilling fashion, 5-4. Tristin English knocked in the walk-off run to secure the W for the Yellow Jackets!

#KillerDubs #ACCBASE

@theACCDN: HAVE A DAY TRISTIN ENGLISH! @GTBaseball WINS! [emoji219]

#KillerDubs #MustSeeACC #ACCBASE (@EnglishTristin)

@ACCBaseball: WHAT A FINISH! [emoji845][emoji102]

@ACCBaseball: Tristin English called game. [emoji36]

#ACCBASE | @GTBaseball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
ECU loses again. That should do it, but let’s leave nothing to chance. Win tomorrow and it is a lock for top 8. Don’t leave it in hands of a committeee

We are a lock now. ECU self destructed in their tourney losing 2 of 3. And those losses were to an 82 rpi team.

I'm really glad UNC beat Miami. My fear was that Miami would somehow get to finals and beat us. Then some pundits would say Miami is better having taken 3 of 4 from GT.

Deleted member 2897

A lot of people are forgetting we went 12-2 in weekend series. We lost to UCLA and on the road to Miami in a B9 come from behind. That’s it. We are probably the #3 or #4 team in the country in weekend series wins. Louisville lost 4 weekend series and both ACC Tournament games and we beat them at their place. Nobody should have them or Texas Tech above us.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would absolutely HATE for LSU to be in our Regional. First off, they are a dangerous team (as they are currently showing in the SEC Tournament). Secondly, sorta like @GTNavyNuke , I have a second team and it's....LSU.
There needs to be some code word you use when you post now. I spend too much time trying to figure what hex you're unjinxing with what you're saying.