2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Nat'l Seed Watch

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot of people are forgetting we went 12-2 in weekend series. We lost to UCLA and on the road to Miami in a B9 come from behind. That’s it. We are probably the #3 or #4 team in the country in weekend series wins. Louisville lost 4 weekend series and both ACC Tournament games and we beat them at their place. Nobody should have them or Texas Tech above us.
No ****. I hope the selection committee takes note.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I would absolutely HATE for LSU to be in our Regional. First off, they are a dangerous team (as they are currently showing in the SEC Tournament). Secondly, sorta like @GTNavyNuke , I have a second team and it's....LSU.
I agree. Definitely do not want to see LSU. I wouldn't mind Florida or Missouri, but not LSU.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree. Definitely do not want to see LSU. I wouldn't mind Florida or Missouri, but not LSU.

I'll take whomever at the Rusty C. LSU would have to win their side of the bracket (assuming they are the second seed in the ATL Super Regional). So we wouldn't see their ace or would or very short rest.

Remember what it was like to play a super regional in ATL and win? (2006).

Point is we have to get out of regional first. Under Hall we have 6 of 20 times. No wonder Hall wants to win every game in the ACC Tourney. Don't take your foot off the pedal. Ever.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_baseball

This year's team is different.

Just. Beat. NC State.

Deleted member 2897

Yea I don’t see how we’re anything but a super regional host at this point. We were ranked #6 going into the week and just went 2-0. If we lose today, it’s against a very good team (between us chickens I think the game is a coin flip). Teams around us have lost.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think we are still #8 in RPI this morning, I am not sure we should put too much faith in d1baseball’s projections.

I hope we have done enough to grab at least a #8 seed. More wins this weekend would really help in this regard though.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If i’m not mistaken, both Mercer and Georgia Southern are also still alive in their tournaments... that has to help...

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
So this BC/UNC game is actually kind of huge.

People love to compare Q1 records when seeding teams for the tourney. Right now we’re at 18-10, TT is 15-7, and UL is 19-12.

UK has fallen to #50. TT is 3-0 against UK and UL is 2-0. BC is #53 and can jump them with a win today. That would make the records:

GT: 20-11
TT: 12-7
UL: 19-13 (they played BC too)

Only 3 other teams would have 20 Q1 wins. Vandy, uga, and MSU.

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So this BC/UNC game is actually kind of huge.

People love to compare Q1 records when seeding teams for the tourney. Right now we’re at 18-10, TT is 15-7, and UL is 19-12.

UK has fallen to #50. TT is 3-0 against UK and UL is 2-0. BC is #53 and can jump them with a win today. That would make the records:

GT: 20-11
TT: 12-7
UL: 19-13 (they played BC too)

Only 3 other teams would have 20 Q1 wins. Vandy, uga, and MSU.
Really good stuff @gtrower !

Deleted member 2897

After being shut out all game, Stanford scored 3 in the 9th to win 3-2. They should be long gone in talk of a super regional. Their RPI has never been close to top 8 - this will be the closest they’ve ever been. They’re a pitiful 8-6 against Q1.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Oregon St falls to USC. TCU still up 6-1 on Oklahoma St. Should TCU win, they force a “if necessary” game against Oklahoma St after WVU and Texas Tech play their “if necessary” game.