2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Nat'l Seed Watch

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Win tomorrow and we’ll jump Arkansas to in RPI to #6. Personally I think that should give us the #4 National seed. We’ll be ACC champs with a 19-10 Q1, 5-2 Q2, 7-2 Q3, 10-2 Q4 compared to their 19-11, 7-5, 5-1, 10-0. Non Conference strength of schedule of 12 vs 160.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think we have sewn up a National Seed.

Tomorrow should just be for fun.....although I really still want to see Roedig pitch well, and see X get some live action. Winning or losing tomorrow shouldn’t matter that much (but it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if we won )

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
6 seed seems to be in the bag, but win today and I think we have a decent argument to hop Arkansas for the #5 seed. Records, SOS and Q1 wins are very similar. Hell, maybe even uga for the 4 seed. Vandy, UCLA, and MSU are the only teams with clearly better resumes right now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

6 seed seems to be in the bag, but win today and I think we have a decent argument to hop Arkansas for the #5 seed. Records, SOS and Q1 wins are very similar. Hell, maybe even uga for the 4 seed. Vandy, UCLA, and MSU are the only teams with clearly better resumes right now.

For those who may have missed it, Mississippi State lost in the SEC tournament 1-0 to Vanderbilt. That’s a legit showing. Arkansas is a legit team too - they swept 3 good SEC teams...but did lose 3 or 4 series. And in the SEC tournament they lost 2 games 3-1 and 3-2. But, they did lose 5 of their last 7 games this year. And their non-conference strength of schedule is #160. Those are the sorts of differences that should decide seeds when a group of teams are so close.

Deleted member 2897

IIRC, every spot above #8 is important. If you’re #8, I believe the #9 gets paired with you in the super regional. The #6 gets paired with the #11. And so on. That could be the difference between having to play a team like Louisville in the super regional versus a team like Tennessee (which had a losing record in conference play).

IIRC, every spot above #8 is important. If you’re #8, I believe the #9 gets paired with you in the super regional. The #6 gets paired with the #11. And so on. That could be the difference between having to play a team like Louisville in the super regional versus a team like Tennessee (which had a losing record in conference play).

The caveat to that is potentially getting paired up with someone like lsu. Doubt they'll get up to seeds 9 or 10, but the further we move up, we get a potentially better chance to draw someone like that. Bring on East Carolina.