2019 MLB Playoffs

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Classy move, Jake!
My hat(not that I wear one) is off to Fred and the most incredible team since June, maybe in the history of a season!!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Astros have fired assistant general manager Brandon Taubman, as per a statement released by the team. The move comes three days after news broke of an incident following Houston’s ALCS win over the Yankees on Saturday, when Taubman repeatedly yelled “Thank God we got Osuna! I’m so f—— glad we got Osuna!” at a group of three female reporters, a reference to one reporter’s criticism of the Astros’ 2018 acquisition of Roberto Osuna while the closer was serving a 75-game suspension under the MLB-MLBPA Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse policy.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The Astros have fired assistant general manager Brandon Taubman, as per a statement released by the team. The move comes three days after news broke of an incident following Houston’s ALCS win over the Yankees on Saturday, when Taubman repeatedly yelled “Thank God we got Osuna! I’m so f—— glad we got Osuna!” at a group of three female reporters, a reference to one reporter’s criticism of the Astros’ 2018 acquisition of Roberto Osuna while the closer was serving a 75-game suspension under the MLB-MLBPA Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse policy.
More PC bullshyte:rolleyes:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok. The Nationals & Astros have regressed/progressed to their respective means. The Nationals now really have their work cut out for them. Have to go through Cole & Verlander again with Scherzer & Strasburg.

Everyone wants to blame pitching & Martinez for the losses in Games 3&4. The only way you could do that honestly would be if the offense scored more than a ONE in each of those games. Need the bats to come back to life.

It's like the teams changed uniforms on flight to DC. The games have been very similar with winners & losers of each having very similar positives (winning team) & "issues" (losing team).

Astros are outstanding with their plate discipline.

Have to believe Nats can manage to win at least one of these 3 home games. So... 3-2 Nats ... headed back to Houston. That's my hope.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Got to have this one tonight, and we have the slight edge since the Nats can win in MMP.
I’m afraid we’re going to hear comparisons made back to 1996 again. The last WS where road teams won the first 4 games.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Got to have this one tonight, and we have the slight edge since the Nats can win in MMP.
I’m afraid we’re going to hear comparisons made back to 1996 again. The last WS where road teams won the first 4 games.
Ha! I forgot to mention that... apologies to my Braves brothers, the Nationals had every opportunity to win already & that bad memory would have faded away to where in belongs (as a memory). Instead we are left with that reminder to be repeated by Joe Buck (& others) until it no longer applies. I feel for Smoltz.