2019 MLB Playoffs

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok... bedtime. But some final thoughts:
- Scherzer was far from the ace he can be... but gutted out a GREAT performance.
- Juan Soto is incredible. IF he is as locked in as he appears to be, the fact Houston has ZERO left handed pitchers on their roster could mean Soto is MVP... going away.
- Zimmerman getting 1st Washington Nationals WS HR & being their 1st draft pick ever... C.H.I.L.L.S.
- Strasburg going in Game 2. I expect an epic performance out of him tomorrow. Verlander has a vote; but... I see Stras mowing them down.
- Nationals have won 7 straight postseason games. UNREAL. CRAZY. IS THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENING?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Usually, I don’t like to see 5 pitchers used in a win. Davey had no choice with so many pitches being thrown. Pulled Rainey just in time. He went with his “hot arms,” and mixed in two LHP.
To me, getting 5 ER off Cole was huge. He was on with 6 K’s and only 1 BB in 7 innings. The big story is beating him after 19 straight wins. Give credit to the Nats hitters, for they worked some counts too. Sent a big message on the road, and captured that opening momentum.
Wish the announcer didn’t remind us and Smoltz about the 1996 WS. The NL doesn’t need to recapture those moments of a meltdown.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Usually, I don’t like to see 5 pitchers used in a win. Davey had no choice with so many pitches being thrown. Pulled Rainey just in time. He went with his “hot arms,” and mixed in two LHP.
To me, getting 5 ER off Cole was huge. He was on with 6 K’s and only 1 BB in 7 innings. The big story is beating him after 19 straight wins. Give credit to the Nats hitters, for they worked some counts too. Sent a big message on the road, and captured that opening momentum.
Wish the announcer didn’t remind us and Smoltz about the 1996 WS. The NL doesn’t need to recapture those moments of a meltdown.
I figured that Fox would be playing cheerleaders for the Asstros:grumpy::sour::rolleyes:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
They're like the Braves when Bill Bartholomay owned them:cigar:
Did you know he stayed on the Board of Directors, beyond the sale? It seemed like a conflict of interest, although if agreed upon as part of the terms, I guess it’s totally legal. Loopholes seem to circumvent progress, and lead to continued bad business decisions. The best thing Ted did, was step aside and let Kasten, Scherholz run the operating decisions.

Apologize for hijacking this thread, as it probably has turned into a Braves editorial.
I admit to being ignorant on the Pirates. On the surface, it seems like the ownership and presidential changes over the years, have kept them down.

Go Nats.! Congratulations to Fred!!