2019 MLB Playoffs

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You’re right Fred, should have mentioned Zimmerman. Didn’t he start out at 3B and play that position @ UVA? Collegiate AA? My memory is not as good. Injuries?
The bullpen was the Achilles Heel, like the rest of the Division. Daniel Hudson deserves credit, Doo for righting himself(he was overworked), Rainey, Rodney and even Ross when the Nats needed him. It was a team effort. World Championship Club!
Yep. Zim played 3B for many years. I can't recall exactly when it happened; but he got some serious yips on throws... I think it was injury related. It was really bad. His throws (especially routine) were an adventure every time he fielded the ball. But... it reached a point there was real concern he would not be able to find a roster spot because playing 3B was untenable.

My daughter graduated from UVA last May... so, I've developed a real "pull for" for all things UVA just because of her affiliation and love of UVA. I'm really happy to see Zimmerman and Doolittle representing the Wahoos through this run too. Both very good dudes and both outwardly support UVA and represent their University well. Just all good. Great day. I'll get very little work done today. GO NATS!!

[Can't wait for GT Baseball to start.... baseball is so great]

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have to admit it gives me great joy to see Harper miss the ring.
There is so much talk around this year's team and in the media about the "culture" in the clubhouse. Not specifically calling out Harper; but talk about how "different" things are with this group. I'll say I don't have a lot of negative feelings about him. I think some if "it" is not in his control... the attention he gets from the media just sucks up so much energy and every little thing (esp negative stuff) is magnified and discussed and it is very hard for a clubhouse to stay cohesive. How much is on him? I don't know...certainly some of it.

Bottom line (IMO).. you said he "missed the ring"... I don't think this happens if he stayed around. For whatever reason, his departure was definitely addition by subtraction to use that old cliche.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
There is so much talk around this year's team and in the media about the "culture" in the clubhouse. Not specifically calling out Harper; but talk about how "different" things are with this group. I'll say I don't have a lot of negative feelings about him. I think some if "it" is not in his control... the attention he gets from the media just sucks up so much energy and every little thing (esp negative stuff) is magnified and discussed and it is very hard for a clubhouse to stay cohesive. How much is on him? I don't know...certainly some of it.

Bottom line (IMO).. you said he "missed the ring"... I don't think this happens if he stayed around. For whatever reason, his departure was definitely addition by subtraction to use that old cliche.
Harper is past his prime and it's fortunate for the Nationals that he's with the Phillies.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I watched the game at home and was somewhat conflicted, excited to watch Game 7 of a WS, although the "what if's" kept creeping into my head, but ...
The Nats are World Champs, Congrats Fred and I hope it's not too long before we get to celebrate !!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
...it's not that difficult. You don't even need to win the division to do it these days. (y);)
The Old WC Marlins say hello. Let’s get rid of our highest paid player, get off to a 19-31 start, fall behind in the WC game and then fall behind in 4 other games facing elimination and then have the worst bullpen in the division that has the worst bullpens in MLB. Make sure our ace pitcher faces freaky injury after another injury and.....
.....wait a second, we have a bullpen that is already in shape for being the worst next year;)