2019 MLB Playoffs

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Did you know he stayed on the Board of Directors, beyond the sale? It seemed like a conflict of interest, although if agreed upon as part of the terms, I guess it’s totally legal. Loopholes seem to circumvent progress, and lead to continued bad business decisions. The best thing Ted did, was step aside and let Kasten, Scherholz run the operating decisions.

Apologize for hijacking this thread, as it probably has turned into a Braves editorial.
I admit to being ignorant on the Pirates. On the surface, it seems like the ownership and presidential changes over the years, have kept them down.

Go Nats.! Congratulations to Fred!!
The Nationals had the best start they could possibly have and if they win tonight it might make for an impossible situation for the Asstros:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Fred’s out trying to barter for tickets on Friday or Saturday. It’s looking like a short series. I’m glad Zuki broke his slump. Who would think they could beat both these pitchers on the road, in back to back nights? Aaaaaaaaamazin’

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Fred’s out trying to barter for tickets on Friday or Saturday. It’s looking like a short series. I’m glad Zuki broke his slump. Who would think they could beat both these pitchers on the road, in back to back nights? Aaaaaaaaamazin’
I am not too comfortable... although, that "sort of" clean inning by Rodney was a big one to have behind us.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That goofball Joe Buck keeps bringing up the ‘96 WS to the audience and Smoltz. I hope John tells him privately to can it. Don’t want to see any black cats through the weekend. Fingers, toes, crossed. I think we get 2 out of 3. No need to go back to MMP.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
That goofball Joe Buck keeps bringing up the ‘96 WS to the audience and Smoltz. I hope John tells him privately to can it. Don’t want to see any black cats through the weekend. Fingers, toes, crossed. I think we get 2 out of 3. No need to go back to MMP.
Fox is openly playing cheerleader for the Asstros and are scared to death that they will lose in 4-5 games.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think the sacrifice bunt in the 7th showed true mastery of the coaching game .........

Great to see Nats win again. ESPN before the series was saying how well the Astros matched up against the Nats. Guess there is a reason to play the game.

But being a Orioles fan, losing the '79 Series after being up 3-1 makes me think that the improbable will continue.

Really wish Soto was playing at GT to better learn his craft .........

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think the sacrifice bunt in the 7th showed true mastery of the coaching game .........

Great to see Nats win again. ESPN before the series was saying how well the Astros matched up against the Nats. Guess there is a reason to play the game.

But being a Orioles fan, losing the '79 Series after being up 3-1 makes me think that the improbable will continue.

Really wish Soto was playing at GT to better learn his craft .........
I'm not counting any chickens yet. Astros are good. Tough lineup.

The sac bunt still has it's place. ...and at that point in the game, good move. Scored 5 runs AFTER the bunt.(y)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Too bad everyday players aren’t bunting as much in BP. After March, I don’t think they care. Probably because Managers don’t ask them to bunt.
Bad subject with Atlanta fans: Look at Game 5 St. Louis in the NLDS-they sacrifice an out, then come up with double figure runs. It’s like a walk in a way, runner advancing. Pressure placed on the defense.