2019 ACC Baseball

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think FSU sweeps. BC will show up with their snowshoes still on and won't be able to run the bases in warm Tally.....

Everything else sounds about right. UNC risks falling into a deeper hole if they lose the Duke series. I agree about N C State..I am just not yet convinced they are the cream of the crop in a weaker than normal ACC

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think both miami and the ville sweep their series.

I think it's possible but not probable for Miami. They are young and make a lot of errors. And Pitt is at home on that plastic carpet cr@p. Pitt took one from VT @Pitt.

L'Ville could though if their Fri & Sat pitchers keep up like they have all year. We played very clean baseball though and could have swept; it hurts so much more to lose a game which is an avoidable loss like Sunday than one by 8 runs where the other team is just getting the hits. Given how L'Ville has played all year, I expected them to hang 10 or more on us in one game at least.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think it's possible but not probable for Miami. They are young and make a lot of errors. And Pitt is at home on that plastic carpet cr@p. Pitt took one from VT @Pitt.

L'Ville could though if their Fri & Sat pitchers keep up like they have all year. We played very clean baseball though and could have swept; it hurts so much more to lose a game which is an avoidable loss like Sunday than one by 8 runs where the other team is just getting the hits. Given how L'Ville has played all year, I expected them to hang 10 or more on us in one game at least.

Notable so far is UNC has taken 2 from Duke. Nice. UNC is going to be at the top of Coastal. They started off ACC 4-5 and are now 6-5 with us. Next week the series with us is going to be important (aren't they all?!). UVa is also 6-5 with us. I think the cream is rising to the top with the other 4 solidly losing in ACC.

@Pitt has taken 1 from Miami. That crap field strikes. Scores of 13-10 and 11-10. Miami has had two errors each game.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Notable so far is UNC has taken 2 from Duke. Nice. UNC is going to be at the top of Coastal. They started off ACC 4-5 and are now 6-5 with us. Next week the series with us is going to be important (aren't they all?!). UVa is also 6-5 with us. I think the cream is rising to the top with the other 4 solidly losing in ACC.

@Pitt has taken 1 from Miami. That crap field strikes. Scores of 13-10 and 11-10. Miami has had two errors each game.
Perhaps we caught UVA at a good time. Before their loss yesterday to NCST, they had won 7 straight since their series loss at Tech. Need UVA to keep rolling... only helps us. Best case, we both finish with same record atop Coastal... we hold the tiebreaker.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps we caught UVA at a good time. Before their loss yesterday to NCST, they had won 7 straight since their series loss at Tech. Need UVA to keep rolling... only helps us. Best case, we both finish with same record atop Coastal... we hold the tiebreaker.
Dream on. Despite having the best talent in the division and amongst the best in the league, a Danny Hall coached team will never again challenge for the Coastal crown. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I believe I speak the truth. He has stuck with Howell despite horrible results and will continue to do so. Like Hewitt, he has gotten comfortable and will not do what is necessary to return to winning ways as it involves replacing people he likes (assistants on both cases).

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Another big week of ACC baseball and my predictions (worth what you pay for them in time or money :cautious:):
  • Clemson (27 RPI) @ VT (42 RPI). Clemson 2-1. I think VT's castrated turkey pedigree will start to show more.
  • BC (91) @ #20 FSU (59). FSU 2-1.
  • Miami (39) @ Pitt (218). Miami 2-1 or better. I'll be glad to be wrong on this one though.
  • WF (115) @ #11 L'Ville (20). L'Ville 2-1 or better.
  • ND (67) @ GT (24). GT 2-1 or better.:beercheers::beer:
  • Duke (83) @ #16 UNC (22). UNC 2-1. UNC has the talent. So does Duke though. Not high conviction.
  • UVa (143??) @ #5 NC State (11). NC State 2-1. UVa will probably take a game. NC State is very good and has a horse shoe jammed up their butt and will hit a rough spot. Just don't know when.
So I think 5 home teams will win. I've gotten two wrong each of the last two weeks; Duke/UNC and Clemson/VT are the two closest in my mind to going the other way.

Well I got better only picking one wrong. 6-1 this week - updates in green and red. FSU shouldn't see the top 20 for quite a while. We may have eked in. I really don't care how we are ranked, we have a lot of games to play and work to do. We are only 40% of the way through the ACC schedule. Beat Auburn!
  • Clemson (27 RPI) @ VT (42 RPI). Clemson 2-1. Clemson 3-0. I think VT's castrated turkey pedigree will start to show more.
  • BC (91) @ #20 FSU (59). FSU 2-1. FSU 1-2. I didn't see this @FSU. They won't see top 20 again for a while if at all this year.
  • Miami (39) @ Pitt (218). Miami 2-1 or better. Miami 2-1. I'll be glad to be wrong on this one though.
  • WF (115) @ #11 L'Ville (20). L'Ville 2-1 or better. L'Ville 3-0.
  • ND (67) @ GT (24). GT 2-1 or better.:beercheers::beer: We got this one, no suspense.:beercheers::beercheers::beercheers:
  • Duke (83) @ #16 UNC (22). UNC 2-1. UNC 3-0. Glad to see Fluke swept. At 3-9 ACC, Fluke shouldn't make NCAAs. :beercheers: UNC has the talent. So does Duke though. Not high conviction.
  • UVa (143??) @ #5 NC State (11). NC State 2-1. NC State 2-1. NC State is very good. Like the best in the ACC. Glad we won't see them till the ACC Tourney. UVa will probably take a game. NC State is very good and has a horse shoe jammed up their butt and will hit a rough spot. Just don't know when.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well I got better only picking one wrong. 6-1 this week - updates in green and red. FSU shouldn't see the top 20 for quite a while. We may have eked in. I really don't care how we are ranked, we have a lot of games to play and work to do. We are only 40% of the way through the ACC schedule. Beat Auburn!
  • Clemson (27 RPI) @ VT (42 RPI). Clemson 2-1. Clemson 3-0. I think VT's castrated turkey pedigree will start to show more.
  • BC (91) @ #20 FSU (59). FSU 2-1. FSU 1-2. I didn't see this @FSU. They won't see top 20 again for a while if at all this year.
  • Miami (39) @ Pitt (218). Miami 2-1 or better. Miami 2-1. I'll be glad to be wrong on this one though.
  • ND (67) @ GT (24). GT 2-1 or better.:beercheers::beer: We got this one, no suspense.:beercheers::beercheers::beercheers:
  • Duke (83) @ #16 UNC (22). UNC 2-1. UNC 3-0. Glad to see Fluke swept. At 3-9 ACC, Fluke shouldn't make NCAAs. :beercheers: UNC has the talent. So does Duke though. Not high conviction.
  • UVa (143??) @ #5 NC State (11). NC State 2-1. NC State 2-1. NC State is very good. Like the best in the ACC. Glad we won't see them till the ACC Tourney. UVa will probably take a game. NC State is very good and has a horse shoe jammed up their butt and will hit a rough spot. Just don't know when.
Nice job!!! When do you start writing for d1baseball.com?

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
We're in position. Stay above .500 in conference and we'll be on the right track .O don't care if the ACC is having a down year; it's still hard to sweep. Keep winning the series, even 2-1, and we'll be ok.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If ACC tournament started today (it doesn't), Pitt & Duke would not be in field. Pitt seems to be destined for that situation. Duke has an easier schedule ahead if them. Expect VT or BC the be the other team at home for ACC tournament.
20190331_180200.jpg

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Nice job! I wouldn't have seen the FSU debacle happening either, but can see it happening to us in a few weeks up at BC...

I don't expect us to be ranked, especially by D1Baseball. If I were them, after getting burned by Tech as often as they have in the past (noting some of their prior Baseball America affiliations), I'd leave Tech on the outside looking in until I see how the UNC series works out next weekend. We win that series, we're ranked. We lose, we are where we are now, except being behind UNC and losing the tiebreaker to them. Auburn matters on Tuesday, but it doesn't. Beat UNC.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nice job! I wouldn't have seen the FSU debacle happening either, but can see it happening to us in a few weeks up at BC...

I don't expect us to be ranked, especially by D1Baseball. If I were them, after getting burned by Tech as often as they have in the past (noting some of their prior Baseball America affiliations), I'd leave Tech on the outside looking in until I see how the UNC series works out next weekend. We win that series, we're ranked. We lose, we are where we are now, except being behind UNC and losing the tiebreaker to them. Auburn matters on Tuesday, but it doesn't. Beat UNC.

D1 Baseball, specifically Aaron Fitt, likes us. They picked us to be in the NCAAs preseason. Aaron picked us as the sleeper to go to Omaha. They still had us in the NCAAs before L'Ville.

Again, it matters little. We have 60% of the ACC schedule in front of us. Plus the Tourney. That will decide what happens. At least we may have a 3rd baseman now. 5 nice plays and no errors at 3rd today. Plus Serratos got the RBIs at DH which won the game. Win. Win.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
D1 Baseball, specifically Aaron Fitt, likes us. They picked us to be in the NCAAs preseason. Aaron picked us as the sleeper to go to Omaha. They still had us in the NCAAs before L'Ville.

Again, it matters little. We have 60% of the ACC schedule in front of us. Plus the Tourney. That will decide what happens. At least we may have a 3rd baseman now. 5 nice plays and no errors at 3rd today. Plus Serratos got the RBIs at DH which won the game. Win. Win.
Except for when Guldberg gets back healthy.