2019 ACC Baseball

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
In fact i’m Calling it now. Duke now ahead 12-2 in the bottom of the 8th.......

GT IS WINNER OF THE ACC COASTAL'!!!!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So, not entirely sure I have all this correct, but:

I believe we have locked up either the #1 or #2 seed in the ACC Tournament. This means we will be in pool play with either #8 & #12 (if we finish 1st) or #7 & # 11 (if we finish 2nd).

In the running for #7 and #8 are.....Duke (15-14), Clemson (15-14) and Virginia (14-15). UVa would lose a tie-breaker with Duke but did not play Clemson. Duke holds tie-breakers over both other teams, so (if I am figuring this correctly) Duke has clinched the #7 seed, and it is down to Clemson and Virginia for the #8 seed. Virginia is 8-9 within their division, while Clemson is 8-9 also, but the only way they could tie is for UVa to win today while Clemson loses, which would put Virginia into the #8 seed. So....likelihood is that Clemson winds up #8 (but not guaranteed).

The race for #11 and #12 comes down to BC (12-17) Notre Dame (12-17), with Wake Forest (13-16) also in the running. Wake would lose a tie-breaker with Notre Dame, but would win it over BC. So, the likeliest outcome here is for BC and Notre Dame to be in these two slots.

So, our pool opponents are likely to be either two of amongst Duke, Clemson, BC and Notre Dame. To be honest, I'd prefer to avoid Virginia. If for no other reason than to not create any conflicts for @GTNavyNuke .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So, not entirely sure I have all this correct, but:

I believe we have locked up either the #1 or #2 seed in the ACC Tournament. This means we will be in pool play with either #8 & #12 (if we finish 1st) or #7 & # 11 (if we finish 2nd).

In the running for #7 and #8 are.....Duke (15-14), Clemson (15-14) and Virginia (14-15). UVa would lose a tie-breaker with Duke but did not play Clemson. Duke holds tie-breakers over both other teams, so (if I am figuring this correctly) Duke has clinched the #7 seed, and it is down to Clemson and Virginia for the #8 seed. Virginia is 8-9 within their division, while Clemson is 8-9 also, but the only way they could tie is for UVa to win today while Clemson loses, which would put Virginia into the #8 seed. So....likelihood is that Clemson winds up #8 (but not guaranteed).

The race for #11 and #12 comes down to BC (12-17) Notre Dame (12-17), with Wake Forest (13-16) also in the running. Wake would lose a tie-breaker with Notre Dame, but would win it over BC. So, the likeliest outcome here is for BC and Notre Dame to be in these two slots.

So, our pool opponents are likely to be either two of amongst Duke, Clemson, BC and Notre Dame. To be honest, I'd prefer to avoid Virginia. If for no other reason than to not create any conflicts for @GTNavyNuke .

Thanks. Just finishing a cruise and will have a lot of thoughts when I get to a real computer.

I think Miami is most likely to win the tourney. The hardest pool to pick, is UNC/NCState/WF pool. Depends who is hot.

I think we'll win our pool but likely not have enough pitching depth to win it all without 12+ runs a game. We've done that before but .......... we haven't been able to win a 3 game ACC series all year.

Any info on X? All I've seen is maybe for regionals.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully, I'm the only loser paying attention tonight [watching Miami at Wake]. And while there is plenty of time for Wake to make a mild comeback to win and help our beloved Jackets...this evening....

...I'm here wondering how many teams' fans over that last [too many to count seasons] have had moments to rely on a middling Ga Tech team to win a game to help their cause only to be met with significant disappointment...watching ugly baseball.

Fred, not sure how many others have replied to this, since I just got back from my trip to Denver and have not read through all of the posts yet. But you were not the only one watching. I was definitely watching that game in my hotel room (the 2 hour time difference in Denver was nice!). Nice win by the Demon Deacons!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member