2019 ACC Baseball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why don’t we all just let our boys play one game at a time, and see how they do. And not worry about other teams.

How can a team play more than one game at a time?

I don't "worry" about other teams unless I'm picking ......... weekly guesses:
  • UNC (22) @ GT (18). GT 2-1. A lot of prayer. Two good teams. Marquee match for Coastal with two leaders.
  • L'Ville (17) @ Clemson (24). L'Ville 2-1 which is an upset @Clemson. Marquee match for Atlantic as they are tied for second behind NC State. Clemson's RPI is living off the early season sweep of UNC. But Clemson rises to the occasion and is 7-1 against Q1 (top 50 teams). Only top 50 loss was to UGAg and beat UNC, @VT and Coastal. But L'Ville is L'Ville and stacked with talent and great coaching. I think L'Vile stays on track this weekend from the @Duke sweep - but they are 4-5 against top 50 having lost two to us (y), 2-3 to UConn to open the season and one to Xavier also early in the season,
  • NC State (14) @BC (90). NC State 2-1 or better. NC State is the best in the ACC.
  • Pitt (222) @ Duke (85). Duke 2-1 or better. Pitt is pathetic. But so is Duke mid-week. Fortunately for Duke, it's the weekend. And they aren't playing on that crap field.
  • FSU (101) @ Miami (38). Miami 2-1. Both teams could sweep but both have sucked given their recruited talent. FSU Martin's last trip to Miami? I don't think it will matter or it would have in other "last" games.
  • UVa (100) @ ND (76). UVa 2-1. ND is bad but UVa hasn't been consistent enough to sweep ND (they swept Pitt but we had better too!). ND RPI bumped up by losing on the road. UVa swept Pitt two weeks ago and took 1-3 from NC State steam roller.
  • VT (48) @ WF (102). WF 2-1. An upset pick to some extent. I think WF is coming around. Plus VT has a history of not being that good which I can't shake. I know it's not this year's team, but until a team shows it can win under pressure, pick against them. VT going 1-6 in the last two weekends isn't inspiring.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

• UNC (22) @ GT (18). GT 2-1. A lot of prayer. Two good teams. Marquee match for Coastal with two leaders.
  • L'Ville (17) @ Clemson (24). L'Ville 2-1 which is an upset @Clemson. Marquee match for Atlantic as they are tied for second behind NC State. Clemson's RPI is living off the early season sweep of UNC. But Clemson rises to the occasion and is 7-1 against Q1 (top 50 teams). Only top 50 loss was to UGAg and beat UNC, @VT and Coastal. But L'Ville is L'Ville and stacked with talent and great coaching. I think L'Vile stays on track this weekend from the @Duke sweep - but they are 4-5 against top 50 having lost two to us (y), 2-3 to UConn to open the season and one to Xavier also early in the season,
  • NC State (14) @BC (90). NC State 2-1 or better. NC State is the best in the ACC.
  • Pitt (222) @ Duke (85). Duke 2-1 or better. Pitt is pathetic. But so is Duke mid-week. Fortunately for Duke, it's the weekend. And they aren't playing on that crap field.
  • FSU (101) @ Miami (38). Miami 2-1. Both teams could sweep but both have sucked given their recruited talent. FSU Martin's last trip to Miami? I don't think it will matter or it would have in other "last" games.
  • UVa (100) @ ND (76). UVa 2-1. ND is bad but UVa hasn't been consistent enough to sweep ND (they swept Pitt but we had better too!). ND RPI bumped up by losing on the road. UVa swept Pitt two weeks ago and took 1-3 from NC State steam roller.
  • VT (48) @ WF (102). WF 2-1. An upset pick to some extent. I think WF is coming around. Plus VT has a history of not being that good which I can't shake. I know it's not this year's team, but until a team shows it can win under pressure, pick against them. VT going 1-6 in the last two weekends isn't inspiring.

I wouldn't sleep on ND at home. If they play at UVA I think UVA wins. But I think ND takes the series in South Bend.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wouldn't sleep on ND at home. If they play at UVA I think UVA wins. But I think ND takes the series in South Bend.

ND beat UVa today. So you are more likely right. I just like UVa and intensely dislike ND. These his sure won't change that.

Watching all this unfold and trying to guess is interesting and fun, at least for me.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Watching all this unfold and trying to guess is interesting and fun, at least for me.

It's fun to watch, and I appreciate the insight. With the way the ACC series are going this weekend, the top of the coastal looks to be even more knotted up/unpredictable after tomorrow. Atlantic seems to be NCSU and Clemson, then a big gap.

Deleted member 2897

BC lost twice.

Duke barely beat Pitt twice (2-0 and 6-5).

BC, Pitt, and Duke (and VT) I hope we go on quite a run.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
ND beat UVa today. So you are more likely right. I just like UVa and intensely dislike ND. These his sure won't change that.

UVA beat ND in a DH on Saturday, so nice pick. Tough to win a DH, especially on the road. Looks like you were 6 of 7 on the week, with the Louisville pick on the road your only blemish. Nice work. The only one I truly care about is GT over UNC though. Great work on that one!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UVA beat ND in a DH on Saturday, so nice pick. Tough to win a DH, especially on the road. Looks like you were 6 of 7 on the week, with the Louisville pick on the road your only blemish. Nice work. The only one I truly care about is GT over UNC though. Great work on that one!

Just got back from the mountains, thanks for checking it out. L'Ville must not be that good :sneaky: Not if Clemson and ........ never mind. ;)

You know this is a lot of luck. I'll probably go 1-7 next week. Our 2-1 win was pre-ordained. NOT!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The way that final game ended was a gift to UVA.

ND down a run in B9. Runners on 1st & 2nd. 2 outs. Single up middle easily scores tying run... but ND runner from 1st rounded 2nd not paying any attention... UVA CF throws behind him as he desperately tries to get back to 2nd (unsuccessfully). Tag to him applied before tying run touched home. Game over.... after a review, of course.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

ND down a run in B9. Runners on 1st & 2nd. 2 outs. Single up middle easily scores tying run... but ND runner from 1st rounded 2nd not paying any attention... UVA CF throws behind him as he desperately tries to get back to 2nd (unsuccessfully). Tag to him applied before tying run touched home. Game over.... after a review, of course.

Daaamn I’m gonna have to watch the replay of that. Brutal way to lose a game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

ND is not that good. That is just one of the infinite ways a not that good team self destructs.

Glad to see UVa take the series. Hope they win the NCAAs tomorrow!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I had to see the details of how it all turned out:
  • UNC (22) @ GT (18). GT 2-1. A lot of prayer. GT 2-1. Y'all were praying and I was drinking. Sounds like a plan. Two good teams. Marquee match for Coastal with two leaders.
  • L'Ville (17) @ Clemson (24). Clemson 2-1. We need to beat the ***** cats when they come to see us. L'Ville 2-1 which is an upset @Clemson. Marquee match for Atlantic as they are tied for second behind NC State. Clemson's RPI is living off the early season sweep of UNC. But Clemson rises to the occasion and is 7-1 against Q1 (top 50 teams). Only top 50 loss was to UGAg and beat UNC, @VT and Coastal. But L'Ville is L'Ville and stacked with talent and great coaching. I think L'Vile stays on track this weekend from the @Duke sweep - but they are 4-5 against top 50 having lost two to us (y), 2-3 to UConn to open the season and one to Xavier also early in the season,
  • NC State (14) @BC (90). NC State 2-1 or better. NC State 2-1. But it took heroics in the first game for NC State to win. But that's what I expected since NC State is the best in the ACC.
  • Pitt (222) @ Duke (85). Duke 2-1 or better. Duke 3-0. Pitt is pathetic. But so is Duke mid-week. Fortunately for Duke, it's the weekend. And they aren't playing on that crap field.
  • FSU (101) @ Miami (38). Miami 2-1. Miami 2-1. They won two easy and lost the close one. FSU is going to end Martin's farewell tour soon. Both teams could sweep but both have sucked given their recruited talent. FSU Martin's last trip to Miami? I don't think it will matter or it would have in other "last" games.
  • UVa (100) @ ND (76). UVa 2-1. UVa 2-1. Not easy but nothing in ACC baseball is. ND is bad but UVa hasn't been consistent enough to sweep ND (they swept Pitt but we had better too!). ND RPI bumped up by losing on the road. UVa swept Pitt two weeks ago and took 1-3 from NC State steam roller.
  • VT (48) @ WF (102). WF 2-1. An upset pick to some extent. WF 2-1. The last two games could have gone either way. Regardless, glad the castrated turkeys lost. First because they are VT and second since they are further behind us in Coastal. VT is 2-9 in last three weeks of ACC play. That's a nice thought to end on. I think WF is coming around. Plus VT has a history of not being that good which I can't shake. I know it's not this year's team, but until a team shows it can win under pressure, pick against them. VT going 1-6 in the last two weekends isn't inspiring.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I had to see the details of how it all turned out:

• NC State (14) @BC (90). NC State 2-1 or better. NC State 2-1. But it took heroics in the first game for NC State to win. But that's what I expected since NC State is the best in the ACC.

This for next weekend. Would like a sweep from a bottom 4 ACC team, but @BC will not be easy. Need 2/3 at least. Again, won't be easy. Nothing in the ACC is these day.

Deleted member 2897

And VT and Pitt are bottom two in Coastal where they belong. Can't lose those series!

And BC is bottom of Atlantic. Gotta go 2-1 everywhere...it’s nice that our remaining series aren’t NC State ish teams and that we’ve already played Louisville, UNCheat, Virginia... we have built the foundation for this season and now just need to take care of business.

uGA and Auburn have everything to lose. Any further wins against them are gravy. If we want to host, we’ve gotta take another one here and there though.