2019 ACC Baseball Tourney

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Dook wins 10-6. Minimal wear & tear for Dook. They used 3 pitchers. Used their (apparent) closer for 2.2 innings, so maybe he is limited for Friday. Their freshman SS left the game after being HBP and he may not be back for our game. No easy road for us.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No crying in baseball. IIWII. Either we get 3 rpi points today or lose 44. If we win the next two, we get to 40 wins on the year.

I'd rather go to a 8 team single elimination format. That makes getting to the tourney a bit more of an achievement and doesn't have wasted games.

Makes sense to go with Willingham today. ND shouldn't be psyched for the game; their season is over this afternoon. But freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose. I really want us to win today.

And FSU shouldn't get a bid with a 55 rpi. While their NC State game tomorrow night will be meaningless for the tourney; but at #19 rpi, NC State will want to win to get a hosting position.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Seems to me this sets up just like a regular season week as far as pitching goes. I would like today to be a staff day. Save Amos for the weekend. Our offense should put up double digits today. 10 run run in effect. Let's just do that. We crushed it at DBAP a couple of weeks ago & ND is coming off a late night loss.

So... that would allow us to go with this Fri, Sat, Sun rotation: CT, Amos, Roedig

Duke should be in same position. They played Tuesday... waiting with their weekend guys for Fri too.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Seems to me this sets up just like a regular season week as far as pitching goes. I would like today to be a staff day. Save Amos for the weekend. Our offense should put up double digits today. 10 run run in effect. Let's just do that. We crushed it at DBAP a couple of weeks ago & ND is coming off a late night loss.

So... that would allow us to go with this Fri, Sat, Sun rotation: CT, Amos, Roedig

Duke should be in same position. They played Tuesday... waiting with their weekend guys for Fri too.

For a more likely National Seed, I think we need to win both of the first two. So starting Willingham is what I'd do. If we get a good lead in the first three innings, pull him and go to a staff day. I'd expect to see NDs best remaining pitcher for their last game of the year. Rotation doesn't matter for them anymore. I don't think we swept ND :unsure:

For next week, I'm looking forward to us playing at home(y) Willingham would start first game with more rest. And it wouldn't break my heart if we lost Saturday and got Sunday off. But if we play and win Saturday, I'll sure want us to win on Sunday.

Any word on X?

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
For a more likely National Seed, I think we need to win both of the first two. So starting Willingham is what I'd do. If we get a good lead in the first three innings, pull him and go to a staff day. I'd expect to see NDs best remaining pitcher for their last game of the year. Rotation doesn't matter for them anymore. I don't think we swept ND :unsure:

For next week, I'm looking forward to us playing at home(y) Willingham would start first game with more rest. And it wouldn't break my heart if we lost Saturday and got Sunday off. But if we play and win Saturday, I'll sure want us to win on Sunday.

Any word on X?

I agree with the importance of this game. From what all the experts say, tournament performance plays a role in seeding.

Starting Amos would indicate we're taking every game seriously. The committee doesn't care if this game matters; a wins a win, and a loss is a loss.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
BC up 2-0 on UL B5. They beat Clemson in extras last night so are threatening to clinch on Day 2.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
In what world is it acceptable for BC to be the “home” team in a game against Louisville? Higher seed should always be designated as the home team. What’s the point of playing three months of ACC games if the lowest seed in tournament gets the home half vs the number one seed? I hope Duke isn’t the home team for our game against them in their own park no less.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
In what world is it acceptable for BC to be the “home” team in a game against Louisville? Higher seed should always be designated as the home team. What’s the point of playing three months of ACC games if the lowest seed in tournament gets the home half vs the number one seed? I hope Duke isn’t the home team for our game against them in their own park no less.

Worked out well for BC.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
If we go on a little run I think we can pass UL. Supposedly the committee treats ACCT games the same as RS games. So UL is now 21-10 to our 19-11.

21/22-12 would start to look solid when you toss in the road series victory. If we win the whole thing we’ll definitely be above them.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Just need to win today to get the ACC Tournament monkey off our back. Plus, I do like CT pitching against....well, anybody.

Deleted member 2897

k87jDx.gif