2019 ACC Baseball Tourney

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wanted to start a thread dedicated to the ACC Tournament.

.. and with one weekend remaining in the regular season, here are my predictions for ACC tournament pools. [So…at least now you’ll know what isn’t going to happen]:

Pool A:
#1 Louisville (21-9)
#8 Clemson (15-15)
#12 Boston College (12-18)

Pool B:
#2 Ga Tech (20-10)
#7 Duke (15-15)
#11 ND (13-17)

Pool C:
#3 UNC (18-12)
#6 FSU (17-13)
#10 Wake (14-16)

Pool D:
#4 Miami (18-12)
#5 NC State (17-13)
#9 UVA (14-16)

http://theacc.com/sports/2018/3/28/2018-mens-baseball-championship.aspx

Deleted member 2897

Wanted to start a thread dedicated to the ACC Tournament.

.. and with one weekend remaining in the regular season, here are my predictions for ACC tournament pools. [So…at least now you’ll know what isn’t going to happen]:

Pool A:
#1 Louisville (21-9)
#8 Clemson (15-15)

Pool B:
#2 Ga Tech (20-10)
#7 Duke (15-15)
#11 ND (13-17)

Pool C:
#3 UNC (18-12)
#6 FSU (17-13)
#10 Wake (14-16)

Pool D:
#4 Miami (18-12)
#5 NC State (17-13)
#9 UVA (14-16)

http://theacc.com/sports/2018/3/28/2018-mens-baseball-championship.aspx

If that plays out, that means we were one single late game comeback by our opposition away from winning the ACC regular season - pick your game - Miami, Virginia, Louisville, Clemson. So close.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If that plays out, that means we were one single late game comeback by our opposition away from winning the ACC regular season - pick your game - Miami, Virginia, Louisville, Clemson. So close.
But... we were also on road at VT with bases loaded & no outs in B9. Had placed ourselves squarely in position to lose game & series there. So.. that cancels one from your list. Feel better? :)

Deleted member 2897

But... we were also on road at VT with bases loaded & no outs in B9. Had placed ourselves squarely in position to lose game & series there. So.. that cancels one from your list. Feel better? :)

No, because we were winning 4-0 in the bottom of the 8th in that game. :D

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Seeding still TBD but BC’s win over Notre Dame clinched the last spot.

Hope Pitt just rolls over and experiments with bench players the next two games.....

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I would imagine we’ve locked in top four at this point. UNC and Miami could still pass us but FSU would need to win the last two vs UL and we would have to lose the last two vs Pitt just to tie. Not sure about the tiebreaker there.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Do we have a 1st round bye regardless of the Pitt series? Jw
There are no byes....per se. We will be in a pool with 2 other teams. There are 4 pools of 3 teams. If we win 1 more game or (NCST & FSU) loses one, we should be locked into a top 4 seed.... I'll go on a limb & say we will be a top 4 seed.

As the high seed in your pool, you wait to play your 1st game after the lower seeds in your pool play each other. All we need to do at that point is beat the team in our pool that wins that 1st game to win pool & advance to semi-final round.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know if the game times for the ACC tourney are preset based on the seeds?
No.
Seeds 5-12 make up 1st 4 games. That gets you through Tues's games plus Gm1 (11am) on Wed. Earliest Tech would play is 3pm Wed. Tech will play 2 days... Wed-Fri. The schedule usually places UNC & NCST in 7pm slots (sell max tickets). Full schedule will be announced tomorrow (Sun)...at noon, think.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
If NCST holds on to win. Up 7-0 in 6th right now, I think the ACCT pools skake out this way.

Only pools C&D would change if UNC comes back to win.

Pool A:
#1 Louisville (21-9)
#8 Clemson (15-15)

Pool B:
#2 Ga Tech (19-11)
#7 Duke (15-15)
#11 ND (13-17)

Pool C:
#3 NCST (18-12)
#6 FSU (17-13)
#10 Wake (14-16)

Pool D:
#4 Miami (18-12)
#5 UNC (17-13)
#9 UVA (14-16)

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I think your pool matchups are about right, FredJacket. We will know for sure when the ACC guys announce them officially tomorrow.

I believe Connor Thomas will definitely start for our Jackets in the first game against the winner of the two lower-seeded teams in our pool.

I like our chances in that one. I just hope our team’s hitters come around after not hitting so well over the past two season-ending games against Pitt.

Last edited:

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I wouldn’t want to be nc state. The way FSU is playing, and the offensive firepower wake has, that’ll be a tough pool. As for our pool, Duke will be playing for their ncaa tourney lives. I’m glad we don’t have Clemson in our pool, their lineup makes me nervous. Would love to get a couple wins and get into a top 8 seed