2019 ACC Baseball Tourney

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Schedule should be out later this morning....
18_19_BAS_Championship_Pools.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I heard on the post game radio broadcast that CDH stated Amos would start game 1
Gee, and I thought X was supposed to back for the ACC Tournament. Were we being lied to all this time? I would think you would X to get his “rehab” start in a less meaningful game, and not in the Regionals.

What’s up with that? I am confused. X to the bullpen instead?

Gee, and I thought X was supposed to back for the ACC Tournament. Were we being lied to all this time? I would think you would X to get his “rehab” start in a less meaningful game, and not in the Regionals.

Save X for the semifinal? That would be a bold move.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

I posted this after Mercer game. This is/was latest info from Hall on Xay. I have not listened to his Pitt post-game, yet.

In Mercer post-game interview, CDH said Xay threw today (Tues). He (Curry) said he felt ok. Hall said Curry won't pitch this weekend v PITT. Same rotation we saw at Duke. He was asked about Curry & ACCT... said he does not expect him to be ready to go for that either.

My half full thought is they have no interest risking any setback in ACCT that could keep Xay from seeing the mound in a regional.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, it really doesn’t sound good. It’s possible Xzavion Curry will not pitch for the remainder of the season.

It’s best to give him time to recover so he can pitch again next season, than force the issue with him in the Regional.

And Amos and Cort will have to get into the fire and try to step up. It’s all Coach Hall can do from this point on.

I understand it completely, and the entire team and coaching staff has my full support!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, it really doesn’t sound good. It’s possible Xzavion Curry will not pitch for the remainder of the season.

It’s best to give him time to recover so he can pitch again next season, than force the issue with him in the Regional.

And Amos and Cort will have to get into the fire and try to step up. It’s all Coach Hall can do from this point on.

I understand it completely, and the entire team and coaching staff has my full support!

X is very very likely to get drafted high next month and won't be back.

There really isn't any reason for Hall to be forthcoming about X. Keep the other teams guessing .

Deleted member 2897

I like our chances against Duke/ND. If I’m reading this correctly, next up after that would be someone like NC State or FSU. Neither one of those teams are what they used to be.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
X is very very likely to get drafted high next month and won't be back.

There really isn't any reason for Hall to be forthcoming about X. Keep the other teams guessing .

Not only that but announcing he is done for the season could negatively affect our seeding in the NCAAT.

We play 3pm Wednesday and 11am Friday.

2019 ACC BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE
May 21-26 at Durham Bulls Athletic Park, Durham, N.C.

Tuesday, May 21
No. 12 Boston College vs. No. 8 Clemson, 11 a.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 10 Wake Forest vs. No. 6 Florida State, 3 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 11 Notre Dame vs. No. 7 Duke, 7 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)

Wednesday, May 22
No. 1 Louisville vs. No. 12 Boston College, 11 a.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 2 Georgia Tech vs. No. 11 Notre Dame, 3 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 9 Virginia vs. No. 5 North Carolina, 7 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)

Thursday, May 23
No. 8 Clemson vs. No. 1 Louisville, 11 a.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 4 Miami vs. No. 9 Virginia, 3 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 3 NC State vs. No. 10 Wake Forest, 7 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)

Friday, May 24
No. 7 Duke vs. No. 2 Georgia Tech, 11 a.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 5 North Carolina vs. No. 4 Miami, 3 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
No. 6 Florida State vs. No. 3 NC State, 7 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)

Saturday, May 25
Pool A Winner vs. Pool D Winner, 1 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)
Pool B Winner vs. Pool C Winner, 5 p.m. (RSN/ACCN Extra)

Sunday, May 26
ACC Championship, Noon (ESPN2)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think this will be debatable... I root for ND on Tues. I'm willing to take our chances. We're rested & ND will have played night before...hopefully long & hard with lots of pitchers needed. Start Amos v ND. If ND wins... tip your hat. They "won" the pool as an 11-seed. If Tech wins... that makes Duke game a staff game. Setting up CT for Sat semi-final game.

crut

Helluva Engineer
So if ND beats Duke and then we beat ND, we are already in and can just play our bench vs. Duke.