$125M Capital Campaign Launch

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Stansbury does get it. That's why this is a broad reaching capital campaign for facilities, financial health, and scholarships, as opposed to LazyAD just trying to build as many buildings as possible.

Sorry... Mention of that dude triggered me.

Beyond that, your post is deadass right.

Whether it's $10, $100, $1,000 or $1,000,000, every little bit will help and it's very much needed.

I encourage everyone to listen to the Toddcast released today. Really good commentary on the campaign.

@GTNavyNuke - you'll find it very interesting.

Thanks for the heads up. I listened through the baseball part. $9M for the facilities upgrade to Rusty C which had been talked about before. Nice discussion of player development with indoor facilities for hitting and pitching ..... I thought we had indoor hitting and pitching facilities already. Didn't catch how much for baseball scholarships but I think the NCAA limit on the number of total baseball scholarships makes this not a big amount to fund.

As expected, Mark Teixeira is in the middle of this.(y)

Thanks for the heads up. I listened through the baseball part. $9M for the facilities upgrade to Rusty C which had been talked about before. Nice discussion of player development with indoor facilities for hitting and pitching ..... I thought we had indoor hitting and pitching facilities already. Didn't catch how much for baseball scholarships but I think the NCAA limit on the number of total baseball scholarships makes this not a big amount to fund.

As expected, Mark Teixeira is in the middle of this.(y)
Sure wish Teixeira would put some pressure on Hall

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Like these ideas minus the $2,500. Those guys are going to give regardless imo. You want something where all walks of fans can come and interact. You could even do an auction type deal at the end for sideline passes before a game and then watch the game in the box, even give a tour of the new locker room.

$2,000 a team is not that bad. A 4 man scramble would be $500 per head. Throw in some sponsors and a raffle at the end it could a little bit. Plus it would be fun.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
How do we get ahold of someone about a golf tournament idea? Or we could just put our own together and take the money from it and put it towards the 125 million if we get denied from GT lol.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I'd be happy if they could create a tour program for the facilities. For a small price ,i.e. $10 per adult kids free, have tours available for fans. Say in spring, every Saturday, you can schedule a full tour of BDS including locker rooms and weight rooms etc. In the fall, open MP for tours, much like Duke and UNC do for their basketball facilities. And give away a small item. Not really about getting the big $$$ donors to pony up, but will emphasize the need to keep everything clean and modern. And you never know if that scrawny kid that is awe struck by being in a D1 football/basketball locker room for the first time will develop into the next Calvin Johnson or Matt Harpring.
I like this idea. I don't think there ever was a tour of the indoor practice facility when it opened. I've always thought that would be a great place to have Fan Day.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully, Todd decides to stay here for the long run but if the program as a whole does a serious turnaround brand-wise and we start seeing wins, I can't imagine what he could do with the resources at a place like Bama, Clemson, etc. Hell, if D-Rad can do it Todd would be a home run for a big program if this all plays out effectively at Tech. Glad to have him, and we need to keep him!

Hopefully, Todd decides to stay here for the long run but if the program as a whole does a serious turnaround brand-wise and we start seeing wins, I can't imagine what he could do with the resources at a place like Bama, Clemson, etc. Hell, if D-Rad can do it Todd would be a home run for a big program if this all plays out effectively at Tech. Glad to have him, and we need to keep him!
Hopefully he loves Tech enough to stay here for the remainder of his career. He came back home because of that love, so I really don't expect him to be lured away.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury does get it. That's why this is a broad reaching capital campaign for facilities, financial health, and scholarships, as opposed to LazyAD just trying to build as many buildings as possible.

Sorry... Mention of that dude triggered me.

Beyond that, your post is deadass right.

Whether it's $10, $100, $1,000 or $1,000,000, every little bit will help and it's very much needed.

I encourage everyone to listen to the Toddcast released today. Really good commentary on the campaign.

@GTNavyNuke - you'll find it very interesting.

Sure seems like it should be taller - say 10 stories total.

We have a ton of dorm rooms across techwood and across north avenue.

Could we add high capacity elevators so the hill use the top half and top floor for meetings? ( BOR yearly meeting)
The floors could have multi use class, test rooms. Students could get used to seeing b d s and not have to trek across campus for every class. We could have some pretty sweet shy box views of down town atl and gt football at b d s!

i say gold color.

Say that takes us to 200kk and the hill pays for 50 %.

Even if same amount from gtaa, it would be very striking on tv etc and show that gtaa and hill and students are together.

Key word together.

Last edited:

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Sure seems like it should be taller - say 10 stories total.

We have a ton of dorm rooms across techwood and across north avenue.

Could we add high capacity elevators so the hill use the top half and top floor for meetings? ( BOR yearly meeting)
The floors could have multi use class, test rooms. Students could get used to seeing b d s and not have to trek across campus for every class. We could have some pretty sweet shy box views of down town atl and gt football at b d s!

i say gold color.

Say that takes us to 200kk and the hill pays for 50 %.

Even if same amount from gtaa, it would be very striking on tv etc and show that gtaa and hill and students are together.

Key word together.

I disagree about it being taller. One of the great things about BDS is the view of Atlanta. I don't want another obstruction to the view. Plus west of I-75 the tallest building on campus should remain Tech Tower.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 3600
Looks like CPJ is gonna have to find a new office... which I assume will be inside the new Edge building. It looks like they plan on turning his old space into a dining area.

Best thing about this picture is that the stands are full of fans. Take them away and the building just looks like a waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I guess I should have inserted a picture instead of just posting the link.
initiative_2020.png

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
(Step on soapbox) I know it is a small thing but why is the background black instead of blue. We had a problem with brand awareness and just updated our colors and logos. Then produce something that isn’t consistent with the recent change. This is how you end up in the mess we just corrected. You build brand awareness by being consistent. (Step down)

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
(Step on soapbox) I know it is a small thing but why is the background black instead of blue. We had a problem with brand awareness and just updated our colors and logos. Then produce something that isn’t consistent with the recent change. This is how you end up in the mess we just corrected. You build brand awareness by being consistent. (Step down)
I guess I should have inserted a picture instead of just posting the link.
initiative_2020.png

Worse than that is it looks like we are already halfway to the Edge Center Renovation based on the percentage of the bar colored gold. And yeah dark grey on top of black isn't winning me over.

Worse than that is it looks like we are already halfway to the Edge Center Renovation based on the percentage of the bar colored gold. And yeah dark grey on top of black isn't winning me over.
I have no problems at all with the colors; I think it looks very formal. However, I do agree about the Edge Center Renovation percentage. That's totally deceptive.