$125M Capital Campaign Launch

Deleted member 2897

Looks like they set up Andy Demetra's interview with Todd Stansbury during Andy's laundry day.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Now they just have to get the money. One thing I don't like is you can't simply donate online, which seems like they would want as many people donating as possible, even if small amounts. When they do fundraisers they should make it as easy as possible for people to donate and not require an extra step.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Reality of modern day college athletics is you're always going to have to build, renovate, improve, add on, etc. to keep up with the Joneses. There needs to be a "wow" factor every 4 year cycle or so to keep the attention of recruits and fans.

I'm surprised GT hasn't made a big deal about more campaign raises like other schools often do. It's been more lowkey with large donors...as if GT didn't want to seem too needy in terms of public perception. I think the whole capital raising of coaches salaries and to add staff might have "clicked" something and we realized if we asked for it, our fan base and donors will answer. I would say the "campaign" to raise capital for coaching salaries was a rousing success.

Good to see the admins getting more aggressive with this. Usually we see one of these "campaigns" once every 1-3 years. We just finished with the staff capital raising, and we're quickly following up with this. Now, as @MGTfan alluded to, hopefully they find a way to make it less onerous for fans to contribute. The money will come.

Deleted member 2897

This looks really good. And I'm glad they left out the adult day care center facilities that folks like Clemson have, with diaper changing stations, bounce houses, and slides.

59df928592406c33768b5716-960-678.jpg

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS FUNDRAISING INITIATIVES
JANUARY 2018 – DECEMBER 2020

PERMANENT
ENDOWMENT

Athletic Scholarships$25 million

Program Enrichment Please Inquire

Unrestricted Please Inquire

FACILITIES