$125M Capital Campaign Launch

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
In an email today:
"In just 18 months, we've checked off some significant accomplishments. Under Todd Stansbury's leadership, we are not standing still. Athletics Initiative 2020 will reshape the landscape for Georgia Tech Athletics. We need every Georgia Tech fan involved to keep our momentum going. So my question to you is not will you help us, but how?

I will be contacting you shortly to discuss your support of AI 2020. You may also contact me directly at [email protected]or (404) 385-4406.

Sincerely,
Justin Recktenwald"

xA01Z42ielJPF_oXlTihXrqfC0iMly_rVaG38tb9t02DBXyfPryGq8f63tpN7-19x6HeX5vaARj8rbBCUB-MmAs0F2JBfbRwW9c7ohAkiurthyVh5anlXr1Je4IrMk5OGL0K2tw=s0-d-e1-ft

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
(Step on soapbox) I know it is a small thing but why is the background black instead of blue. We had a problem with brand awareness and just updated our colors and logos. Then produce something that isn’t consistent with the recent change. This is how you end up in the mess we just corrected. You build brand awareness by being consistent. (Step down)

It is because the BoR hates us.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
In an email today:
"In just 18 months, we've checked off some significant accomplishments. Under Todd Stansbury's leadership, we are not standing still. Athletics Initiative 2020 will reshape the landscape for Georgia Tech Athletics. We need every Georgia Tech fan involved to keep our momentum going. So my question to you is not will you help us, but how?

I will be contacting you shortly to discuss your support of AI 2020. You may also contact me directly at [email protected]or (404) 385-4406.

Sincerely,
Justin Recktenwald"

xA01Z42ielJPF_oXlTihXrqfC0iMly_rVaG38tb9t02DBXyfPryGq8f63tpN7-19x6HeX5vaARj8rbBCUB-MmAs0F2JBfbRwW9c7ohAkiurthyVh5anlXr1Je4IrMk5OGL0K2tw=s0-d-e1-ft

The last checkbox is something I've been saying for years. Gosh, even half of that would be huge...gotta get smaller amounts from the masses

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In an email today:

Sincerely,
Justin Recktenwald"

That's an aggressive email, but ****ing A, I like it.

Deleted member 2897

I wish they would revise the AT Fund branding. Something more catchy like GOLD (gift of loyalty donation). The stickers you get for donating just aren't flashy. Should be the traditional GT and then the letters GOLD underneath it. Just simple. The ones now say GT and then Alexander-Tharpe Fund Georgia Tech Athletic Association. Too much. To qualify, you pay by your age decade - 20-somethings pay $20+/year, 30-somethings pay $30+/year and so on. I read something like 35% of alumni give to Georgia Tech buy only 8% give to athletics. We need to find a way to make up that ground. I know they are thinking about all kinds of options and changes like this and I'm sure there's a ton wrong with what I just suggested. But we've got to move that 8% needle.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
BTW, many companies match donations to non-profits up to a certain amount....AND Tech will give you the credit for the donation for AT points if your company matches.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Question on those goals, does the indoor practice facility have a climate control system? Most photographs I see makes it seem like there are large doors open when they practice there during warm weather.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Question on those goals, does the indoor practice facility have a climate control system? Most photographs I see makes it seem like there are large doors open when they practice there during warm weather.
For conditioning purposes I don’t think you want them to practice in the ac. Some of the videos make it seem as if they stretch inside and practice outside.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
The last checkbox is something I've been saying for years. Gosh, even half of that would be huge...gotta get smaller amounts from the masses
I feel like this isn't getting enough attention. But not even just alumni. Rando's as well. But the fact that it's on the board shows they're thinking.

Edit. Gonna give this its own thread

Last edited:

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I wish they would revise the AT Fund branding. Something more catchy like GOLD (gift of loyalty donation). The stickers you get for donating just aren't flashy. Should be the traditional GT and then the letters GOLD underneath it. Just simple. The ones now say GT and then Alexander-Tharpe Fund Georgia Tech Athletic Association. Too much. To qualify, you pay by your age decade - 20-somethings pay $20+/year, 30-somethings pay $30+/year and so on. I read something like 35% of alumni give to Georgia Tech buy only 8% give to athletics. We need to find a way to make up that ground. I know they are thinking about all kinds of options and changes like this and I'm sure there's a ton wrong with what I just suggested. But we've got to move that 8% needle.
He said to contact him directly. Email him this

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I prefer Best Loyal University Enthusiast ;)

Deleted member 2897

He said to contact him directly. Email him this

I have. I know they are thinking through a lot of stuff like this. I don't pretend to think this particular idea is any better than another. To me, any fundraising rebrand is kind of like picking Tech Gold. You get one shot - you can't rebrand your fundraising arm every year. Something like that is probably also priority #27.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
I recently graduated from GT and so I still do not have a lot of money to spend and am trying to save most of what I make. However, as most everyone on this board, one thing I care a lot about is GT athletics (especially football and basketball).

I have decided to donate $100 a month for the next year towards the Stansbury's goal of $125 million by 2020. I know this is not a lot (~$3 a day), but it can go a long way if lots of people donate.

If everyone on this board donated $100 a month for the next year, we would raise over $4 million from this board alone. I know it is not realistic for everyone on the board to donate, but if a poor recent grad can do it (me:)), I am sure many others can too (and some will donate well over $100).

Here is the link to donate:
http://www.atfund.gatech.edu/

We all have interest in seeing GT nationally recognized again, but it starts with donating to compete with the factories. Lets make a change!

Last edited by a moderator:

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I have decided to donate $100 a month for the next year towards the Stansbury's goal of $125 million by 2020. I know this is not a lot (~$3 a day), but it can go a long way if lots of people donate.
The median salary in Atlanta is $60,000. I would say that secrificing 2% of the average salary of someone working in Atlanta is more than “not a lot”.

I just wanted to give you some perspective.