$125M Capital Campaign Launch

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I am going to guess he's probably got some BIG donor match stuff in there he's not talking about yet.
11D4HYY.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
i was worried Tstan would nibble around the edges.

That train has left the station. Not a factory in class room but looking like one with facilities.

How much easier will raising the $ be a if we ball out in 18?

Now he needs to get the hill on board.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
i was worried Tstan would nibble around the edges.

That train has left the station. Not a factory in class room but looking like one with facilities.

How much easier will raising the $ be a if we ball out in 18?

Now he needs to get the hill on board.
What exactly do you propose that the hill do?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I'll send them some money, but

It looks to me like that buildings alone will cost more then any jive $125M. Constructions costs are going up, you know; remember the steel and aluminum tariffs? As those designs go up they'll cost a bundle.

And getting to the designs: have the architects ever been in Atlanta in August and September? Or in December and January? All that glass on the outside looks good, true, but it will also be a hellish challenge to heat and cool. Also, has anyone thought about reflection from those buildings onto the ones across the street (see the LA Philharmonic building for reference)? That will make them harder to cool as well. And why flat roofs in a place that gets as much rain as we do? Rainfall will also probably increase within the lives of these structures. In short, too bad the looks triumphed over the functionality.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
That to allow the Darwin effect to weed out the weak... or clumsy...
. Or just plain dumb.

I don’t like this, because relying on the Darwin effect means they will be allowing UGA grads into that area. If they keep falling off the sides of the stairs and hurting themselves, that means we will be spending a lot of time hiring and training new janitorial staff.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I'll send them some money, but

It looks to me like that buildings alone will cost more then any jive $125M. Constructions costs are going up, you know; remember the steel and aluminum tariffs? As those designs go up they'll cost a bundle.

And getting to the designs: have the architects ever been in Atlanta in August and September? Or in December and January? All that glass on the outside looks good, true, but it will also be a hellish challenge to heat and cool. Also, has anyone thought about reflection from those buildings onto the ones across the street (see the LA Philharmonic building for reference)? That will make them harder to cool as well. And why flat roofs in a place that gets as much rain as we do? Rainfall will also probably increase within the lives of these structures. In short, too bad the looks triumphed over the functionality.

Function follows form.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
. Or just plain dumb.

I don’t like this, because relying on the Darwin effect means they will be allowing UGA grads into that area. If they keep falling off the sides of the stairs and hurting themselves, that means we will be spending a lot of time hiring and training new janitorial staff.
If they are willing to fall, I am willing to pay!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Please tell us what they are doing now ?
I don't know what they are or are nor doing, but I didn't say they need to get on board and imply that they are doing nothing.

It is a common theme that the hill is against athletics, but I have not heard specific examples of what they do to hurt athletics or what else they should do to support athletics. All I have heard is vague blame toward the hill. Since you seem to blame them, I was trying to get an actual factual answer. Looks like I'll keep waiting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Please tell us what they've been asked to do.

I typed my last response on my phone and wasn't able to fully explain my thoughts.

I am excited about this drive. We as fans shouldn't be waiting for a rich alumnus to donate 18% of his net worth and take care of the entire drive. We as fans shouldn't be complaining about some nameless faceless entity that is supposedly preventing the football team from winning. If there are specific actions or non-actions that we believe an actual person or department should be doing we should be working toward getting that done. However we shouldn't be making general vague complaints that our program is doomed for some reason. Those kinds of things will spread out and affect us growing the fan base.

We as fans should be excited about this drive. We as fans should be excited that we have an athletic director who understands the school and the fans. We as fans should be donating to this drive. We as fans should be buying season tickets. We as fans should be purchasing branded merchandise.(I believe and hope that this aspect increases greatly with the newly branded merchandise) We should be inviting our friends who don't have a college allegiance to the games. We should be giving our tickets to those types of friends or other GT fans when we can't make the games instead of selling them to opposing fans or leaving the seats empty. We as fans should be ambassadors of the program to our friends, colleagues, kids, grand kids, kid's friends, grand kid's friends, etc.

There is no need for us to wait for others to make the program exciting. We can make it exciting and build more fans.