jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
chart.png
GOAL: $125 M

Techster

Helluva Engineer
"There are things that we can do that others can't..."

Man, if that doesn't tell you how the mindset of Todd Stansbury is different from previous ADs and why you should get excited about GT's future! Many have been saying for years that our Athletic Dept needs to be more forward thinking and innovative on par with GT Academics, and now Stansbury is verbalizing it.

Something tells me all of this is just the tip of the iceberg.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Really like the modern look. If you've seen the renderings for library renovation and Coda building on Spring Street, this glass-oriented exterior is similar to those.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Now they just have to get the money. One thing I don't like is you can't simply donate online, which seems like they would want as many people donating as possible, even if small amounts. When they do fundraisers they should make it as easy as possible for people to donate and not require an extra step.

They might be trying to build a database for future fundraising efforts.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps the thought process for no online link... it's easier to upsell/influence a larger donation if someone is talking and interacting with the potential donor. I'm thinking that's probably more true of the donors/donation sizes that will really accelerate this thing. Of course, I'm not a sales nor marketing guy and have no data to support that thought.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Just a sidewalk fan here with a side question: Where does the money come from for football recruiting personnel? I wish/hope some of this could be spent directly on recruiting.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just a sidewalk fan here with a side question: Where does the money come from for football recruiting personnel? I wish/hope some of this could be spent directly on recruiting.

I think it was covered when we did a capital raise for it months ago. I believe for the next two years, the salaries for the recruiting staff will come from money already donated. After the two years, they are projecting that it will be covered once the money from media contracts escalates per agreements.

EDIT:

https://www.myajc.com/sports/colleg...g-staff-starting-well/Xl3u5F0Wg1qxNhNBkBLh9J/

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The renditions look great but just a natural extension of the original Edge building from the 80s. Who doesn’t want to improve, constantly, their facilities?

Something we have got to do, nothing rapture like, should not be shocking / exciting / unexpected.

Why shouldn’t we have great facilities?

Not sure why the “faculty” would have any use, input or interconnection with our athletic facility. They have plenty of endowment money for their own use.

Just hope GT doesn’t, typically, outthink themselves on this.

It isn’t that hard - appeal to as many people (not just alums but fans) as possible by not over complicating the issue, and, most importantly, start winning the game that matters most on the field / court more.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS FUNDRAISING INITIATIVES
JANUARY 2018 – DECEMBER 2020

PERMANENT
ENDOWMENT

Athletic Scholarships$25 million

Program Enrichment Please Inquire

Unrestricted Please Inquire

FACILITIES
Edge Center Renovation$70 million

Russ Chandler Stadium Phase II$9 million

Football/Basketball Locker Rooms$9 million

ACC Network Studio Please Inquire

O’Keefe Gymnasium Please Inquire

CURRENT
OPERATIONS

Athletic Scholarship Fund$4.5 million

Sport-Specific$4.5 million

AD Initiative$3 million
They better put some railings on those stairs

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think it was covered when we did a capital raise for it months ago. I believe for the next two years, the salaries for the recruiting staff will come from money already donated. After the two years, they are projecting that it will be covered once the money from media contracts escalates per agreements.

EDIT:

https://www.myajc.com/sports/colleg...g-staff-starting-well/Xl3u5F0Wg1qxNhNBkBLh9J/

I was hoping/wishing some of this could be spent on football recruiting personnel, too. Thanx for the info.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This assumes we can afford to recruit nation wide 1,000,000 per year and better coaches 500,000 per year. Assume we include 10 years in the target =15,000,000

Total new building and more $ for better recruiting 0, 000, 000

Fatal flaw could be that the gtaa does not have access to a list of the ga tech grads ( AA has this list).

But getting pazt that Assume 10000 grads a year.

First
Just Look at gt grads that are on way , are, or are past millionaire status.

IF 100% OF 20 to 40 year millionare alums give 1000$ one year. 1. 0 times 20 times 10,000 times times 1,000 divide by 6 = 30,000,000 from the milionairs 20-40

Assume the younger guys(0 years out to 20 years out who are on track to be millionaires) gives 15,000,000

Assume the smaller ( due to smaller class and death) 40-60 out group gives 3 times as much = 45,000,000.

That 90,000,000$

Second
From the 5/6 that are doing ok but can give 100$
5/6* 120*10,000* 50= $50,000,000

At 100 % the Total is $140,000,000

So lets be optimistic and say 20 percent of the tech men will give at the above rate for 3 years = approx 90,000,000$ .

We need a few heavy hitters to pledge $50,000,000 & and we are ready to go.

I would hope the hill could do some things to help but don't tarnish gt reputation.