$125M Capital Campaign Launch

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't understand the basketball locker room image.
The basketball locker rooms are currently located inside the Luck building which is adjacent/connected to McCamish. I believe the rendering depicts a complete overhaul of the Luck building and not just the current locker rooms.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
You mean that tiny little thing that you can barely see from the West Stands..... :) Really need to make that more prominent and visible.

That's gonna be pretty sweet, but where are they going to move the Clint Castleberry tribute?

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
For reference here is a before .
BDS.PNG

View attachment 3600
Looks like CPJ is gonna have to find a new office... which I assume will be inside the new Edge building. It looks like they plan on turning his old space into a dining area.
I thought this is where the current letterwinner club is located.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The greatest part of that whole video is, Demetra "What's so important about starting this initiative now?" TStan, "It comes do to three things: RECRUITING, BUILDING A BETTER STUDENT ATHLETE THROUGH SCIENCE AND INNOVATION, AND WINNING!" Finally an AD who understands what it will take to WIN and an AD who knows how to desribe his vision to fans and alumni!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 3600
Looks like CPJ is gonna have to find a new office... which I assume will be inside the new Edge building. It looks like they plan on turning his old space into a dining area.

I wonder how preliminary this drawing is. The sizes of 218 and 219 are reversed. Sections 117 and 118 don't appear to be there at all. They could be planning to do some rework in the upper North and don't want to show that yet, but even if they are planning changes further left than this drawing, I can't see any reason to pay to reverse 218 and 219.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
And now we will have CPJ for another 6 to 7 years imo. We are finally equipping him with things to succeed on a consistent basis, about time.

Yeah I think we know what we got with him despite the 2 down years recently. By giving him more resources and making Tech a more attractive product, he can only do better. If we're gonna be spending $ to improve facilities and support staff, I'd much rather have a proven coach who can at least periodically compete for ACC titles/NY6 bowls than take a chance on a new coach especially if we still have to pay the old coach. This is different than giving Hewitt his big extension after his title game run. CPJ is much more proven, both here and over his career.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So i didn’t see it but are we having renovations to the stadium? And if so what are those renovations? I would love better seating. Not only would it make less seats to make the stadium look fuller it would be a heck of a lot more comfortable. Also do something special in the student section to make them want to come. Give the a standing section with good food, a pool, a section for games during brakes, ect. Basically make it a tail gate in the stadium.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
LOL. I'm just waiting for the "where's the Old Gold" crowd to pipe in about the lack of GT decor in the picture. :D
Maybe Todd will have a lobby, open to the public, make it a gallery of sorts, where all the shades of gold can be displayed in various forms, say, in artwork, to make everyone happy.

bennyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Will CPJ even be around when this thing is done? If the fundraiser ends in 2020, construction will start after that and probably take some time to finish.

ArkJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
So i didn’t see it but are we having renovations to the stadium? And if so what are those renovations? I would love better seating. Not only would it make less seats to make the stadium look fuller it would be a heck of a lot more comfortable. Also do something special in the student section to make them want to come. Give the a standing section with good food, a pool, a section for games during brakes, ect. Basically make it a tail gate in the stadium.
I expect some club-like section to be constructed in the upper north that will lower capacity but offer more amenities to bring in fans that don’t like sitting in the heat/cold.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Will CPJ even be around when this thing is done? If the fundraiser ends in 2020, construction will start after that and probably take some time to finish.
I would imagine this would work just as well when recruiting his eventual replacement as it will with recruiting players. An upgrade in facilities along with a noticeable commitment from the school to better athletics will make the job more appealing to future prospects.