Wish we could replace OL coach with???

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Or bring Bedford down from the booth. Seriously though...only the guys who have been on the staff know if Sewak deserves To be fired. We know the line stank. We don't know the reason for it. Most will blame the position coach for results but that is a fairly uninformed opinion. It is possible he's coaching all the right techniques and instructing properly....only to have that not executed in game. I'm not saying that's the case but none of us, who haven't actually seen him coach (on the field or in the film room), know it for a fact.

CPJ will make the call and the outcome will be on him.
This. It could simply be the fact that the returning OLs got a big head after the OB season and rested on their ... um... laurels in the offseason. I know one guy for sure who didn't get his arse in shape.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
This. It could simply be the fact that the returning OLs got a big head after the OB season and rested on their ... um... laurels in the offseason. I know one guy for sure who didn't get his arse in shape.
I do not profess to know why the line played so poorly. Could have been coaching but I am beginning to suspect it is a player issue. More specifically, we just are not that good talent wise. Maybe these stars do matter in the long run. We are recruiting in one of the best states in the country talent wise and yet always seem to be on the short end of the stick when matched with Miami, UGA, Clemson, UNC etc.It is, what it is. I don't have any answers but if it were me, I would start putting a whole lot more emphasis on recruiting nationwide for certain positions like offensive line and defensive line and go all out.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Recruiting nationwide sounds great. There are some caveats though. I don't think it wise to focus nationwide at the expense of in state recruiting. Nationwide recruiting, while refusing to give ground in state, will take more recruiting staff most likely.

A better priority IMO is improving in state recruiting.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I do not profess to know why the line played so poorly. Could have been coaching but I am beginning to suspect it is a player issue. More specifically, we just are not that good talent wise. Maybe these stars do matter in the long run. We are recruiting in one of the best states in the country talent wise and yet always seem to be on the short end of the stick when matched with Miami, UGA, Clemson, UNC etc.It is, what it is. I don't have any answers but if it were me, I would start putting a whole lot more emphasis on recruiting nationwide for certain positions like offensive line and defensive line and go all out.
Yet we pushed around several good DL's in '14 with Tech recruits.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
CPJ went to Cal Poly for Bryan Cook so why not do it again and reunite these two

Saga Tuitele

http://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/coaches/Saga_Tuitele

013, the Mustangs were No. 1 in rushing offense, No. 2 in sacks allowed and No. 6 in red zone offense. The 2014 Mustang squad finished No. 1 in the FCS in rushing, No. 4 in first downs, No. 5 in passing efficiency and No. 6 in third-down conversions.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Really excited about some new blood on the OL, gotta have someone who can challenge Sewak. I don't know if Ray could. Thanks to Ray for you service. Sorry it didn't work out.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Now there's two words not often found in the same sentence.

To heck with Brent Key - I've heard that about him several times. I'll never understand the benefit of the doubt prospective coaches get just because they went to school here.

Of the best coaches we've ever had here, none of them went to school here. There, I said it.
Frank Broyles, Pepper Rogers, and Ken Whisenhunt without a lot of thought.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Boomer if he doesn't get the hardball job?
Yeah. Could you imagine? I'd stride out there the first day of practice, bringing all of my 194 pounds with me, and stick my hand in the ground. The level of respect I would get from the big uglies would be off the charts.

I think I need to stick to criticizing people from behind a fake screen name.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. Could you imagine? I'd stride out there the first day of practice, bringing all of my 194 pounds with me, and stick my hand in the ground. The level of respect I would get from the big uglies would be off the charts.

I think I need to stick to criticizing people from behind a fake screen name.
Yeah, but think of the eulogy.