Wish we could replace OL coach with???

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps they
Yet we pushed around several good DL's in '14 with Tech recruits.
Are you referring to the stellar performance against gsu, vt, duke and unc?

As coach says - we were not that good.

That would imply while we looked good it would be they were worse than expected.

Continuing in that vien - looking for some supporting facts -- which are open for being corrected.
The MSU dc had one week on job and was fired 3 weeks later. The uga and fsu DC had 2 years of experience. Please correct my numbers.

Gsu runs TO and practices against it . Vt is just a good defense.

Imo opinion we were damn good last half of 14 and it's why we got the damn good recruiting class.
Got to man up in 16

Last edited:

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps they

Are you referring to the stellar performance against gsu, vt, duke and unc?

As coach says - we were not that good.

That would imply while we looked good it would be they were worse than expected.

Continuing in that vien - looking for some supporting facts -- which are open for being corrected.
The MSU dc had one week on job and was fired 3 weeks later. The uga and fsu DC had 2 years of experience. Please correct my numbers.

Gsu runs TO and practices against it . Vt is just a good defense.

Imo opinion we were damn good last half of 14 and it's why we got the damn good recruiting class.
Got to man up in 16

GSU game: 536 total and 348 rushing yards (won 42-38)
VT game: 375 total and 250 rushing yards (won 27-24)
Duke game: 483 total and 282 rushing yards (lost 31-25)
UNC game: 611 total and 376 rushing yards (lost 48-43)

Honestly, I don't know why you picked the games you picked. The worst performance was VT who you admitted "is just a good defense" and who in my opinion had EVERY break go their way and still could not beat us. I feel like the Duke game was truly are most "WTF is going on" game, but it isn't like our team didn't move the ball. We struggled to score when we needed to (missed FG and an INT on the 10 are is at least a 6 point swing which leaves us tied at 31).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
GSU game: 536 total and 348 rushing yards (won 42-38)
VT game: 375 total and 250 rushing yards (won 27-24)
Duke game: 483 total and 282 rushing yards (lost 31-25)
UNC game: 611 total and 376 rushing yards (lost 48-43)

Honestly, I don't know why you picked the games you picked. The worst performance was VT who you admitted "is just a good defense" and who in my opinion had EVERY break go their way and still could not beat us. I feel like the Duke game was truly are most "WTF is going on" game, but it isn't like our team didn't move the ball. We struggled to score when we needed to (missed FG and an INT on the 10 are is at least a 6 point swing which leaves us tied at 31).

Duke was a power when we played them. They had really kicked *** against elon, tulane , Kansas, and Troy. Unc was a dumpster fire . Gsu was playing its first season in FBS.
These victories or close losses are of no comparison to the performance to the last 4 games.

Those last four teams were really damn good teams - the clemson defense was the best we've played that I can remember and it was no shame that it took the defense to help beat them. Though clemson was not strong on offense , their defense was strong all year. Uga had gurley. Fsu embaresed themselves during the national championship and we almost beat them, msu was no1 for 4-5 weeks in large part to their defense.

Let's try to look at system in reverse. Say we started with a new qb and played msu, fsu, uga, and clemson. I think it would have been a tough go. But after those 4 games I think we would have destroyed the remains teams.

you didn't refute the experience of the dc I quoted?

In spring last year I posted we will see heavy dose of pressure verses read react hold position defense. 15 was that for sure and when we didn't have a smelter they just kept coming. I think we could see some even faster defenses . They will play 4 DL and one lb with 2 db and 4 safeties. They will take even more chances TO GET US BEHIND SCHEDULE . I think it will work somewhat , but I believe coach and the players are going to turn the corner and get the offense rolling.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Yeah. Could you imagine? I'd stride out there the first day of practice, bringing all of my 194 pounds with me, and stick my hand in the ground. The level of respect I would get from the big uglies would be off the charts.

I think I need to stick to criticizing people from behind a fake screen name.

Thanks I need a good chuckle :)

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I do not profess to know why the line played so poorly. Could have been coaching but I am beginning to suspect it is a player issue. More specifically, we just are not that good talent wise. Maybe these stars do matter in the long run. We are recruiting in one of the best states in the country talent wise and yet always seem to be on the short end of the stick when matched with Miami, UGA, Clemson, UNC etc.It is, what it is. I don't have any answers but if it were me, I would start putting a whole lot more emphasis on recruiting nationwide for certain positions like offensive line and defensive line and go all out.
OL is one of the spots I have not concerned myself with the star ratings as we are not looking for the 6'5" 325 lb lineman as most other programs are. Our best lineman so far was 6'1" and did not fit the mold required to be a 4 star kid. I would be tickled to get all 6'3" kids that can move like Shaq or young Mr Bryan. Just like you, I don't have answers but I think we can find 2 and 3 star OLs that will work very well in our program. I don't think I have ever seen a 6'1" HS O lineman rated as even a 3 star. I would die for Shaq x 5.