Wish we could replace OL coach with???

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Conyers Mafia.

Now there's two words not often found in the same sentence.

To heck with Brent Key - I've heard that about him several times. I'll never understand the benefit of the doubt prospective coaches get just because they went to school here.

Of the best coaches we've ever had here, none of them went to school here. There, I said it.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
It was Gailey's first season and the game in which Wes Durham screamed out in OT, "Ball is loose". Of coarse Ball was loose running for a TD to win the game. Afterward, a group of us was walking down to meet the team and celebrate. He knew us because we always supported GOL's teams and he, Key, was on those teams. He joined in our group and just bashed the Hell out of Gailey and everything he was about. It was totally out of place for him to do that, I don't care what his private opinion was. Chan was a good person and did not deserve that. Key alienated everyone in our group, which we call The Conyers Mafia.
Dude, I walk past y'all's tailgate right in front of the Presbyterian Center every game. All the nicknames on the Winnebago crack me up.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Good exercise, but Sewak is not going anywhere, I don't think. My money is returning the ST position to O line, and I think Johnson might spend some time there in the spring and August, tying all the ends together. Maybe a more likely candidate would be Joe Speed as D backs coach. Or maybe all those free range WRs can be tied back to the lack of pressure on QBs.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
It was Gailey's first season and the game in which Wes Durham screamed out in OT, "Ball is loose". Of coarse Ball was loose running for a TD to win the game. Afterward, a group of us was walking down to meet the team and celebrate. He knew us because we always supported GOL's teams and he, Key, was on those teams. He joined in our group and just bashed the Hell out of Gailey and everything he was about. It was totally out of place for him to do that, I don't care what his private opinion was. Chan was a good person and did not deserve that. Key alienated everyone in our group, which we call The Conyers Mafia.
You know, I wouldn't hold this against him. I said some pretty awful things about Gailey too when I had to watch the terrible product he called "offense". Chan may have been a good person, but he was a soul-crushing college football coach.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Or bring Bedford down from the booth. Seriously though...only the guys who have been on the staff know if Sewak deserves To be fired. We know the line stank. We don't know the reason for it. Most will blame the position coach for results but that is a fairly uninformed opinion. It is possible he's coaching all the right techniques and instructing properly....only to have that not executed in game. I'm not saying that's the case but none of us, who haven't actually seen him coach (on the field or in the film room), know it for a fact.

CPJ will make the call and the outcome will be on him.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Or bring Bedford down from the booth. Seriously though...only the guys who have been on the staff know if Sewak deserves To be fired. We know the line stank. We don't know the reason for it. Most will blame the position coach for results but that is a fairly uninformed opinion. It is possible he's coaching all the right techniques and instructing properly....only to have that not executed in game. I'm not saying that's the case but none of us, who haven't actually seen him coach (on the field or in the film room), know it for a fact.

CPJ will make the call and the outcome will be on him.
Its inexplicable and frustrating... With an added twist of irony that a number of our mercurial line men were voted for honorable mention as All ACC?...based on what metrics?

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Do they have an oc and 2 ol coaches?

Yep...this is from their website. One of the OL coaches also doubles as a "Running Game Coordinator" whatever that is?!? Aren't there restrictions on number of coaches? If so, do the service academies have same restrictions or do they get more like scholarship limits?

Coaches
Ken Niumatalolo - Head Coach
Ivin Jasper - Offensive Coordinator / Quarterbacks
Dale Pehrson - Defensive Coordinator / Defensive Line
Ashley Ingram - Running Game Coordinator / Offensive Line
Chris Culton - Assistant Coach / Offensive Line
Justin Davis - Assistant Coach / Outside Linebackers
Lt. Col Robert Green, USMC - Assistant Coach / Outside Linebackers
Steve Johns - Assistant Coach / Inside Linebackers/Special Teams
Keith Jones - Assistant Coach / Secondary
Mike Judge - Assistant Coach / Fullbacks
Shaun Nua - Assistant Coach / Defensive Line
Dan O'Brien - Assistant Coach / Outside Linebackers
Danny O'Rourke - Assistant Coach / Slot Backs
Mick Yokitis - Assistant Coach / Wide Receivers
Jennifer Brandt - Recruiting Assistant
Buddy Green - Defensive Consultant
Sean Magee - Director of Player Personnel
Bryce McDonald - Director of Football Operations
Preston Pehrson - Assistant Director of Player Personnel
Capt. Ryan Tully, USMC - Military Liaison
GySgt Timothy D. Owens, USMC - Asst. Director of Player Development

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Yep...this is from their website. One of the OL coaches also doubles as a "Running Game Coordinator" whatever that is?!? Aren't there restrictions on number of coaches? If so, do the service academies have same restrictions or do they get more like scholarship limits?

Coaches

Why am I not surprised they would have a Marine Corps light col as one of their LB coaches????? :D

(looking @Boomergump )

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Now there's two words not often found in the same sentence.

To heck with Brent Key - I've heard that about him several times. I'll never understand the benefit of the doubt prospective coaches get just because they went to school here.

Of the best coaches we've ever had here, none of them went to school here. There, I said it.

Uh-oh, you better brace for impact. :nailbiting:

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Why am I not surprised they would have a Marine Corps light col as one of their LB coaches????? :D

(looking @Boomergump )
Or a gunny sarge as asst director of player development. But damn that's a large coaching staff...I'm thinking they list GAs as "assistant coaches" on that list (unless the academy doesn't have grad students, maybe they're allowed extras)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Coaches
Since the academies fall outside NCAA restrictions on "scholarships' -- as in, technically, none -- and roster limits -- all the freight will bear, maybe it applies to "coaches". But if they are restricted, then having active military personnel just happen to be assigned to Annapolis where they just happen to volunteer with the football team, by my count gives them another three. Wonder where they put them all on game day? Pretty slick.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Uh-oh, you better brace for impact. :nailbiting:
Just like our 2010 team...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449069517.518548.jpg

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Since the academies fall outside NCAA restrictions on "scholarships' -- as in, technically, none -- and roster limits -- all the freight will bear, maybe it applies to "coaches". But if they are restricted, then having active military personnel just happen to be assigned to Annapolis where they just happen to volunteer with the football team, by my count gives them another three. Wonder where they put them all on game day? Pretty slick.

They get one single hotel room and outfit as shown below...
bunks-tween.jpg